PCN nazis

In my experience the council will probably try to fob off any appeal if they can, but if you can prove (with pictures from the place) to the adjudicator (you can appeal to these people who are basically ‘parking lawyers’ independent of the council if they turn you down) the lines weren’t clearly marked or the conditions meant you couldn’t see them that’ll probably go some way to getting the fine dropped - it’s the council’s legal responsibility to look after these things and if they don’t do their job they can hardly expect you to pay a fine.
Just stick to your guns basically would be my advice, I only have this stance to the parking nazis as being a courier they can represent a major dent in your earnings!
And don’t feel guilty about it either, if they concentrated on genuine problems with people’s parking that’d be one thing but in reality they just want to use the parking rules anyway they can to bring in revenue.

Oh yes!
You been down the High St on a Friday/Saturday night?
Have you seen the number of kids pushing prams when they should be in school?

If you’re young, free and single (or a bit sneaky), it’s a target rich environment alright!

If they can speak english is a bonus. Where ever they are from.

The last time I went anywhere near Slutton in the evening was April 2000. I now only tend to pop in on the bike for some quick shopping at weekends, but know exactly what you mean!

Good luck getting the ticket reversed. If you need to park nr the Festival Hall again, you might want to use the underground (?NCP?) car park under the National Theatre. There are some spaces for bikes, and they’re FREE!!!

You just have to ride round the barriers and smile nicely at the attendant. They’ll point out the bike bays to you.

Hi Keti,
Did you get any response from Lambeth? I did exactly the same thing in the same place last week and am going to contest it.
Thanks

S

I hadn’t heard anything within 14 days so I called em up (took me long enough and loads of ring-throughs to actually get to talkto a person - but be persistent). I was told I’d get a written response within 1 to 3 months (I laughed at this point as I thought they were joking).

So I asked for copies of ALL photographic evidence in the meantime. Still not received it and this was a couple of weeks ago, so don’t expect anything until around oh… Christmas time :smiley: