Passed Mod2 at last

Thanks Flumpit!:smiley:
Yep, still really happy I passed. Now bike shopping.
Any dealers that are good I west london for kawasaki and yamaha?

Lstar - I would definitly recommend ABS. Pureists would disagree but it will keep you out of trouble now the roads are getting colder and damp. The extra power will take getting used to and with it, judging how hard to brake to scrub it off.
You may find it helps keep your insurance down a bit too.

There is a Kawasaki dealer in Ruislip Manor, also just across the street is Honda too.

The guys in there are really nice.

Also a nice bakery, called Manor Bakeryā€¦ Good coffee, cakes. (All made on site.)

Sorry deviated.

Yep Daytona - tell him Ally and Rob sent you! Personal opinion go for ER-6F rather than the ā€˜Nā€™ - pretty much everyone I know who had just one bike that was ā€˜nakedā€™ regretted not having the weather protection of a faired bike. I think it looks more handsome too! :smiley: Nakeds are great on warm days, but if itā€™s cold, wet or you find yourself on motorway, youā€™ll wish you had a bit more protection!

west London Yamaha are just down the road from you at Apex corner, next to the Maccy Dā€™s just off the 316

I can second the bakers
On Sundays a 3 cakes and 2 coffees about Ā£4
And he has the GP moto when itā€™s on
Itā€™s not a bikers bakers but the cake are good
Pin

I like the idea of ABS. Not sure if the er6f has it, I would have to have it as extra on the xj6 if I buy new

I donā€™t think ABS comes as standard on either, itā€™s an option, but there are a lot that have it. Kermit does, would definitely recommend you get it, itā€™s only in the last 2 months that I have not felt it ā€˜activatedā€™ - took almost 20,000 miles to get to that and when I get my next bike I will also insist on having ABS. I know some purists turn their nose up, but if it helps me keep shiny side up when I make a mistake, I couldnā€™t care less what they think!

Thanks Nic and Pin, Iā€™ll make sure I check out the bakery, sounds good. Daytona is where Iā€™m going tomorrow for test ride:)
Also going to west London Yamaha, KTM D!

Have to say, I loved my Hornet but there were definitely times i wished it had some fairings!

Me too, I loved my GSR till I ended up having to blat up the A1 to Cambridge in November in freezing temperatures. A bit of wind protection would have made thing sat least bearable. If you are worried about fairings on your first bike coz youā€™ll drop it, which you will by the way, then just make sure it has some crash bobbins fitted, you can drop it on them, its what they are for.

I will second the crash bobbinsā€¦piece of mind.

With my historyā€¦thatā€™s the first thing Iā€™m going to do :laugh:

I have to vote for the er6f, mine is an older one than Allyā€™s but she has been greatā€¦

Fairings get a vote too especially for any motorway riding they save you getting blown around, ABS is worth it and is on mine, and crash bobbins save on expensive bills (thank god) :slight_smile:

However all of that said, test ride different bikes and see which one works for you, I was convinced I would get a Honda but after trying a few bikes out I ended up with the er6f, so take your time and test ride as many as you can!

Also investigate insurance as mine was eye watering for the first year even at my age!

Shout if you are coming up to west London Yam and I will try and pop up as it is 2 mins from mine, or if you donā€™t mind chaos come over for a cuppa!!

Well done for passing and I look forward to seeing you out and about soon!!

LStar, chris2332 on here has a black ER6 for sale!!! Maybe see if you like the bike and PM him for details??

I would say an ER6 too! Or a CBRā€¦ but thats be being bias! lol

Late Congratulations Lstar! missed this until now.

[quote]
CBR_Chika (04/10/2013)

LStar, chris2332 on here has a black ER6 for sale!!! Maybe see if you like the bike and PM him for details??

Oh shame! Totally missed that! Too busy test riding to check websiteā€¦:frowning:

Hahah:laugh:
Guess what flumpit? I went for a test ride last week of the er6n, so so liked it. They had a white er6f in the shop with ABSā€¦so that was that! :slight_smile:
I was so convinced I was going to get an XJ6 that I just did the test ride as an afterthought but it made me smile and fitted so much better. I thought ā€˜thatā€™s the bike for meā€™!
Should be able to collect it next week. And yes, they are fitting crash bobbins, tank cover, oxford heated grips.
So you were all right! :smiley:

Thanks Unforgiven !:smiley: