Parking on pavement?

Good thread! parking wardens are tossers…if they can have you …by hook or by crook they will try!

I got ticketed at 01:00 on kennington road once upon a time…the wardens are like leaches creeping about during the night… i echo the advice of the above poster…

i used to have one of the screw on tax disc holders…quick twist and remove the tax disc…two loose plastic number plate holders…park bike, whizz the tax disc off, remove the number plate…YOU MUST though, chain the bike to something immovable. lamp post/railings etc… cutting your chain is criminal damage, they will just wander off and look for another bike that does not belong to someone who is as cute.

i once had my bike clamped under waterloo station…again, it had no plate or disc fitted…BUT It was not chained to anything… i walked past and saw them putting the clamp on it and writing the ticket to a “red honda” when i asked what they were planning to do they told me that it was going to be removed and impounded…i said nothing…just wandered off and came back with a massive chain… then quickly ran it through the frame and secured it to a nearby railing…they raced over from their van when they saw what i was doing but the padlock had just snapped shut!

oh, how the tables had turned!

i said “Try impounding that fcuker” as i walked off… the guy shouted after me “we will not remove the clamp you know” i said “thats ok, i’ll do it myself tomorrow then keep the clamp for my caravan”

I came back about two hours later…the clamp was gone and so was the ticket!

Hahahaha love that story!

But, alas, I did not get the flat so my question was, in the end, redundant! :slight_smile:

Naughty Lee… ( I love stories like yours btw :D)

Question: What are the clamps like that they put on bikes??? Smallere versions of car ones or what?

Just curious…:unsure:

Lee, you are Naughty … great story btw!

The clamps they put on bikes are the same triangular pieces of steel with chains at each corner that they clamp cars with.

I’m told that a decent angle grinder will remove them in about five minutes but it’s best done as a two person job.

Probably best done out of sight of any CCTV as well.

it was a regular car wheel clamp that they fitted… to the opposite side to the can… Underneath waterloo station is fitted with CCTV, However I knew the the security guy who looked after them… he had a sad existance in a small portacabin that he was not allowed to leave… when i was on nights i used to collect chinkeys and cans of pop for him…then about a week before the clamping his telly packed up…I managed to get it going again, he would have unplugged it for sure…as for angle grinders…na, too much noise and takes too long… bolt croppers are the way…i had a big **** off pair in my van (which i showed the clampers as they drove off)