Parking manners

Especially Honda riders :smiley:

I started moving their scooters into the middle of the road too, then some advised me to move their scooters on to the pavement. A nice parking ticket then comes their way then. Then I saw it was other scooter riders moving other peoples scooters to get their bikes in the bays! :-0

Another good reason to fit a disc lock.
I’ve been lucky enough not to need to use bike bays at work since I got a proper bike and I have to say that nobber bike/scooter parking would be as big a worry as theft if I did.

Yeah, wish there was an NCP near me.

There’s a guy who sometimes parks his Direct Bikes er bike in the same bike bay as I use, the issue is, he doesn’t have a stand and props it up on a piece of wood (is that legal??) often next to expensive bikes. It’s bad enough having to pull the Monster out from scooters that are wedged in way too closely, but that guy is asking to damage a bike. Sorry for the rant, I wondered if anyone else has encountered him?

Had similar- parked my beloved STRIPLE in one of the bays, came back just to find my clutch lever bent outwards 90 degrees… Unfortunately, nobody saw it and there was just an empty gap on that side… But I bet it was a scooter maniac… It just really annoys- you spend so much time into getting a bike, keeping it clean, looking nice… And some c**t does not give rat’s arse about all of that and just forces his way in damaging everything around…

Bar-stewards

I did start to rearrange a couple of scooters once upon a time to give myself a bit of space, which involved shifting one just outside the box. Got mine parked up before thinking WTF am I doing, so I put the scooters back and then headed off in search of another space. Not good to fuck with others ‘bikes’, even if they are only scooters.

Yep. Karma is a bitch :slight_smile: gotta be nice