Out riding yesterday was the victim of a completely uprovoked attack with 3 direct hits

Just had a WhatsApp message, he’s now in Scotland! That’s just awesome.

3 Likes

So, have now done 872 + 73 miles today. So done more than LeJoG direct.

4 more days to go.

Both spills low speed, 1 grazed knee, nothing worse.

Got timed out 3 times now so missed 12, 7 and 24 mikes off the 1250 max.

Arse is fcked, knee hurts, fingers are like a crab, shoulders aching…

West Coast of Jockland is fcking lovely. Especially in the sunshine :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m reading mikes as miles but what’s the timing out about? Is there a sweeper van picking up all the stragglers?

Where’s the fun without the pain?

West Coast of Scotland is awesome. Cracking roads, and stunning scenery. It feeds the soul.

Sort of.

So first time I lost an hour as George crashed. Sorting that out was behind. Then my satnav garmin went flat and it got dark.

I was 12 miles short at 66 vs 78. Roads were covered in gravel and potholes so unsafe to ride in dark. So I opted to stop and hoped to,ride them the next day. Got up at 6.30 to ride them before breakie but my bike was locked in the bike pound area so couldn.t

7 miles missed when got dark, was an option of fast road to Windermere but was dual carriageway so decided to stop. Annoying as was all downhill ffs.

Worse one was when I would have missed a ferry. We had 8 hours to do 80 miles and I bonked badlt in the morning (crap breakfast) so they transported me to lunch and I was fine for rest of day.

Last I missed was 1.2miles today on flat road to Ullapool. Was so bumpy I thought it would damage my bike so took a lift until the road improved. Measured it at 1.2miles.

So all in will be around 1200 miles vs 1250. Still way more than most people do, but t-shirt not quite earned…

2 Likes

Mate you’ve earned your t-shirt. I rode down some of your route and was cursing that I was on road tyres and not knobblies.

Given LEJOG is less than 1000 miles on normal roads you’ve really earned it.

:+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

+1 a fine achievement. I’ve just calculated when I was working it would have taken me 6 months to reach that mileage.

Finished around 3.30 today. 64ish miles and for the first time had to battle the elements. Got a proper soaking for an around midday…

4 Likes

That’s a huge ride, well done!

You don’t go to Scotland for the weather

1 Like

Fantastic achievement. Bravo.

Well done mate!!

Is that an early day or have you arrived at JoG and completed the ride?

He’s finished ok. Just waiting for him to ride home now :grin:

It’s all down hill to Suffolk.

1 Like

Was piss easy last day. 64 miles on proper tarmac with no big hills :slight_smile:

Weather was shit but still spanked it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well done! :+1:

All down hill to the coast, tick and a star.