Opinions? New Text Size

We’re always working on bringing more and more wonderful content to the site, and present it as best we can. One thing we’re looking at, at the moment is to make the text size on the news and stories smaller by one size, to have a crisper look to it, and to allow more content on each page.

I’d like to get some feedback to see what people think of this. I’m concerned that it might be too small and make it harder to read, though I have a larger screen than the average user so things tend to look small easier. Though the size would be the same as the forums, which nobody has commented on before.

Here’s some screenshots to give an indication. Not all the text would be made smaller, I just used the Firefox change text size feature to do this (CTRL and + or -)…

Attachments

__Untitled-2.jpg

Saves me putting my glasses on!

Why not set a default size and put a little ‘Text Size AAAAA’ type thing in one corner that controls the text of the entire site for the session or user account, easy to do by loading diffrent style sheets and can also be extended to allowing the user to set their own layout and site style in the future.

Because it’s more work than I wanted to spend on it right now Well, in all seriousness, time is limited, and I do like that feature, having spied it before. Time will tell.

Fine by me but I’m on a 19 incher so prob not so affected.

And I have magnifying glass standing by at all times.

for burning insects you pervs.

Burning insects? RSPCA!!!

I like it small…

Small works for me and im on a stupidly high res setting.