open face?

The only time I was unfortunate to hit my head in an accident, it was the chin bar and the side of the visor that went down. Had it been an open face, no jaw and probably a very messed up eye socket. Instead a graze on the chin bar and the visor.

thanks for everyones input guys. ive come to the conclusion no open face lids, and no riding whilst wielding a loaded shotgun ( thanks pin) thanks for the advice and comments, good little discussion. this site is so darn handy for a newbie like myself

Yeah - full face all the way - I have slid down the road on what would have been my my face if I hadn’t been wearing a full face.

Can easily happen.

Just going to add my 2 pence, and this is why I have and never would ride with an open face helmet.

Mate of mine got knocked off of his bike. went face first into the kurb with a full face helmet and still broke his jaw… Imagine what would have happened had it be an open lid!

On my old lid i noticed a chip around where my jaw is…open face would have been like a bullet…Damn.

If I was still spatching, I would have chopped the Shoie Flip up in for this Nexx X30 by now… I can get them with LB’er discount if anyone wants them. From £135…

FULL FACE. for me at least, ultimately up to you though.

In the summer I can imagine the benefits, but like niteowl said, then you just get smacked with bugs, and getting smacked in the face by a wasp at 60mph is not my idea of fun.

and can someone take that pic down please, Gross!