Oil filter on a Sunday?

I’m currently in purely way Croydon, does anyone know of there is anywhere open I can get an old filter for my SV650 that’s open today?

Most bikes places are closed Sundays. Halfords usually carry small stock of bike stuff.

If you fancy a ride up to st albans I have a spare

I think the 1000 is the same as the 650, not back till evening though

Hey mate,

Thanks ordered one on Amazon in the end. Ideally wanted it today but can wait until tomorrow.

I was in Halfords car park when I posted it.

I really don’t get why Halfords don’t stock more bike parts given how many there are these days.

Because there’s a larger disparity in parts between bikes.

And a smaller market.

Surely that cannot be the case for basics like service kits. They had my oil and spark plugs. Equally the part I was after was not exactly expensive. I got a K&N for £10 so a hi-flo would be like £6 or something…

Just say’in really, I think they are missing a trick

If we take Suzuki’s lineup as an example and assuming we stick to HiFlo as a single make of filter. Just to cater to Suzuki bikes Halfords would have to stock 15 different types of oil filter. 112, 131, 132, 133, 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 204, 207, 531, 971, 972, 973.
Multiply that by Honda, Kawasaki & Yamaha and there’d be at least 50 (assuming some crossover). Then start adding european bikes and it’d easily be 100 per store. And they wouldn’t just have 1 of each, there’d be multiples but only of the popular bikes.

In comparison, car filters fit multiple cars across manufacturers so they need to keep less in stock.

And Suzuki really don’t have much in the way of engine variety, certainly not compare to Honda, Yamaha or Kawasaki.