Oh hello!

Greetings,

I’ve been lurking in the forums for a while now and thought it’s about time I introduced myself. I live in Sydenham and work in north London so have the ‘joy’ of commuting through the city daily.

I started my biking life on a Honda RVF 400 which was a bike I had lusted after for the majority of my early teenage years, the only other semi-obtainable bike at the time being the Aprilia RS250 - ah happy days of dribbling over bike mags in the playground. I decided to ignore the advice offered my numerous friends with greater experience that I would drop my first bike and I should get one with no fairing that I could kick back in shape following a trip down the tarmac. It was a fantastic bike and I did everything on it. I went to Uni in Nottingham shortly afterwards and travelled 140 miles on the M1 back to London every weekend. Being 6’2" it wasn’t the most comfortable experience, trying to tuck into the tiny screen and 33bhp carrying a full size army bergen for 90 minutes is no fun. I had a few minor spills and then completely ended her when a minibus full of Jehovah’s Witnesses thought it would be a good idea to pull out in front of me without looking. Oh yes, you couldn’t even make it up. And they wanted to go to court as well … anyway. I got paid out eventually.

The bike spent a while rusting in the shed and I spent a while casually striping it, cleaning and replacing the knackered parts. I finally got it all back together but the bugger wouldn’t start no matter what I tried. I eventually gave in and took her to a garage. They had the same problem and eventually found the engine had a fracture that was leaking water into it. Marvellous. Dead engine. I gave up and flogged it on ebay as a non-running project. Much waster money and time. But a good learning experience nevertheless.

I picked up a Kawasaki Z750 next. Low mileage and mint condition. What a fantastic bike. Perfect for commuting, comfortable yet agile and sounded amazing with an Akrapovic pipe. Complete crap suspension but for the price, outstanding value. Unfortunately, I managed to kill this one too. Travelling to work one morning at 0500 hours and a minicab pulled out in front of me at a set of traffic lights. Direct frontal impact that was mainly absorbed by my right testicle. No major injuries but the bike was a write off.

My current steed is a '99 Kawasaki ZX6R. I managed to pick her up very cheaply off fleabay and all it needed was a new headstock bearing. It was great up until the snow where the battery has completely died and I have been too lazy to sort out a new one. Who needs an electric starter anyway?! Whilst I have always been a full out sports bike fan, I’m fairly sure I prefer the comfort and flexibility of a naked - I’m so very tempted by a Street Triple R. One day, one day!

howdo and welcome to Lb…jeez remind me not to let you have a go on my bike :D:D:D

Welcome aboard, Fatkat. I hope the settlement you reached with the Jehovah’s Witnesses didn’t involve your having to buy 500 copies of their “Lighthouse” magazine, in return for the payout you received. Presumably they had no witnesses…

This was a condensed biking history spanning nine years! :stuck_out_tongue:

welcome

a bit of a,advarnce is needed me thinks

ride safe

jeez that was long introduction, sorry i couldnt read it all :stuck_out_tongue:
welcome to LB

Hai :smiley:
Welcome to LB :smiley:

Street Triple R is a good bike… not letting you have a play on mine though! :wink: :smiley:

Welcome to LB.

hello and welcome to LB that was a good intro:)

Hi & welcome to LB:)

Hi and welcome aboard.

Hi and welcome :smiley: