Oh god i dropped my bike (What a twat)

Ok. Had my second BM meet today. All went well apart from one Tiny little thing. Pulled up on the slope kicked the stand down (Well i thought i kicked the stand down) went to get off and oh my god my bike fell onto another bike and knocked that on the floor as well as mine hitting the floor.:w00t:

In front of everybody.:w00t:

If i had a shovel i could have dug myself a hole. What a plonker. The good news is after dropping it riding home for some strange reason i felt so much more confident on it. I think the fear of me dropping it was stopping me relaxing when riding it. Ok for the damage a slight scuff mark under the nearside pannier. Thats it on my bike. now the other bike i knocked over a damaged mirror. Thats all. So should i now call myself lucky Rob or what.

Followed four police bikes near Royston today, looked like a training ride. One of them let his fall over at the junction with the A10.:w00t:

Judging by the instructors expression as he dismounted and caught my eye, someone is paying for the drinks tonight!

Dasabuggah fella - you got a nice bike n’all :pinch:

Rob you certainly know how to make an entrance :wink: We should have an LB award for it :smiley:

Jetstream - to be fair those cop bikes do look like a handful to get used to for the average Joe!? Or is that just me being too understanding?!

Dude you thought the scuff was the 125 you took out with those panniers!! Seriously though great that you got off lightly with just a few scuffs as it made a he’ll of a noise, but defo take the prize of best entry at BM!

and when do the pics get posted:D

Who’s bike did you take out in the BM? Sounds like I made a good exit leaving early :smiley:

oh lordy i was trying not to laff when i saw you under your bike.:stuck_out_tongue: sorry mate. xatleast both bikes were pretty much ok, you certainly made an entrance!:w00t:

sorry to hear you did that, must have been such a blushing moment.

Check out anne-maries comments on this thread nearer to the bottom, i did this not only on the test, but in front of work colleagues too. 100% sympathy mate, and i swear… i only grinned when i read this, i didnt laugh really loud :smiley:

http://londonbikers.com/forums/Topic579022-59-1.aspx

ROB IT HAPPENS TO THE BEST OF US.

GLAD YOU ARE OK

lol - info needed, 'cause I’m not going to be parking next to you! :w00t:

Dropping bikes goes with the turf, but knocking over someone elses bike, that’s gotta be mine-digging time, whoops :slight_smile:

Yes i am a newbie. Yes i am a novice. We all start somewhere. I am in this to the end.

You never know. You just never know. One day I will become a London-biker:D.

Oh and by the way i will be fitting the tiger lowering kit asap. Also trying to find a way of getting a knub fitted to the side stand. As the stand is not good. A accident thats been waiting to happen.

So I will look forward to seeing you all at the next meet;).

P. S. Put some cones out for me around 7ish:D

Cones are out…over…there—>

:smiley:

well i admire you for your sense of humour dude :wink: riot on! :smiley:

lmao - yeah, we’ll get you to do the infamous swerve test through the cones before parking…

… over there!!!:hehe:

Sorry to hear that Rob…although now I really do wish I’d been there last night :slight_smile:

Seriously though - really glad you didn’t do any serious damage - I remember you saying how gutted you’d be if you ever dropped and seriously marked it. As you know, i dropped mine within a week of buying it brand new - and now it has crash bars just in case!! Phil

You’re allowed out of the newbie section now to post :D:D:D

i dropped my instructors DAS bike doing a u-turn in the road, glad I got it out of my system early!

I’ve dropped the riding school bikes plenty of times :stuck_out_tongue: I even dropped a bike on a test ride when the side stand caved in, luckily no damage! :w00t:

Going on accidents, I bought a brand new bike and let my brother have a shot on it after being only 3 days old and he managed to ride it into a wall!! :crazy: I had holes in my fairings as a result, not good.

I’ll see you at the next BM but won’t be parking up next to you though :D:D:D