Off-siding is not an offence anymore ?

Yes this one.

hmm…I was sure there was no arrows there. How come the cop didn’t issue a fine to me then ? (if it’s a violation of the highway code).

His pen ran out ink ?

Can’t get the staff since the old guard retired :Whistling:

he didn’t have a pen. he was doing all stuff on the tablet.

Maybe his tablet isn’t working properly since he was looking at those ‘interesting’ websites… :smiley:

So not only is there arrows, there are also zig-zags AND it is on a bend…!!!

I would suggest you read the Highway Code AND ignore what other people are doing, but make sure what you are doing is compliant and safe… :Whistling:

I’ve missed something here

You off sided a pedestrian crossing complete with keep left bollards, zig zag lines on a bend and you come on here suggesting its a legitimate manouvre :w00t:

If I were a gambling man I’d wager you’ve completely misunderstood the situation. The chap you mistook for a Police Officer was in fact an extra in The Bill studying his lines on a BBC issue script table and what he actually said to you was ‘oi I’m on in minute and I’ve got to write this muppet a ticket and can’t find the offence code, gercha now feck off’.

Actually it was more like PDA not really a tablet. I doubt it can show websites.

So, why did he say that then ? He looked angry when he stopped me, I’m pretty sure he wanted to fine me. Maybe he got confused by my non-UK license.

Well, asking why it appears to be a legitimate maneuver; it’s less “I did this and I don’t know why I was stopped” and more “I did this and I don’t understand why I wasn’t fined”

Where are you from, what type of license do you have & what were you riding?

EU license, UK number plate.

Which country and what were you riding; moped/scooter/motorbike?

does it matter which country as long as it is in EU (not EEA) ?
a motorbike.

I’m curious and just making conversation…but if you have something to hide, that’s ok…:frowning:

France :slight_smile:

But I learned off-siding only when started to live in London. Never done it before in my life.

London’s hectic lifestyle puts a lot of pressure to always rush somewhere.

Otec, please rest assured that off siding is an offence, best not to do it as if anything bad were to happen, you would be in very big trouble indeed. I think you got lucky by being stopped by a policeman that was more infuriated by the PDA/tablet than he was with you.

you lucky lucky boy.

ride on safely.

everyone on here claims to be a 100% law abiding citizen of faultless morals, that like nothing better than quoting the highway code and being holier than thou with the rule book. A fable about casting stones comes to mind…:smiley:

but welcome to the forum.

Otec quand a Londres faire comme vous Paris mai ralentir et gardez la gauche

For everything else there’s The Highway Code and The Good Book

Let me be the first to raise their hand - I’m Spartacus a sinner :blush:

I didn’t know you spoke German, Art

Neither did Art…:smiley:

As I`ve said before on this subject “Offsiding is the action of a total twat and should never be contemplated”
I can honestly say, Ive never offsided or overtaken on white zig zag lines, pedestrians have even softer shells than we do.(and in an offsiding situation will be looking the other way)

Couldn’t find the code on a PDA…amateur I would of stuck you in the book son :smiley: