Oakdene 5/8/2009

I went down the oakdene today…lol…Thought it may have changed and I might have seen some stunting:D a few burnouts lol :smiley: and some 100meter rolling stoppies:D…LOL even a wheelie!!Still it was a good meet because…

I met a new friend…old guy on a 1960 royal enfield…His my new Friend!!!

Ohhhh Friend!!! Special friend…Special oakdene bike meet friend!!!:cool:

After a hour or 2 this comment was the first thing that came to mind:w00t:. Now i know it was my first visit and i loved the ride down (the ride back was extra nice) but it was strange. The cafe was small and forget even trying to get a coffee In there. Because this is a larger meet i dont think you get that personal togetherness that you do at bm;) Nice to have the company of the rebels & Philr with me. Oh the car park:w00t: Well put it this way you wont catch me in there:w00t: Now i’m not going to say that i wont be going down there anymore because i will:D but on the whole bm meet seems better because its got that community feel to it:D And i like that.:wink: So see you all at bm next week then:cool:

Rob, its good that you venture out and try these different meet places, its all about riding bikes after all. Maybe get along to the Dick Turpin in Essex or Poole Quay on a tuesday evening with some people, once again like all bike meets it does involve a lot of standing around and talking bo77ox most of the evening though :smiley:

PJ, are you talking from personal experiance about talking bo77oxs then? A lot of people standing around talking cr@p sounds just like bm to me, atleast at bm there is the passing totty to improve the view. Rather than the odd hairy biker/lorry driver you get at Oakdene! :slight_smile:

Poole quay next on my list Tue 18th:D Wont post till next week though;)

Poole sounds interesting, not done that one either yet. Although I was thinking of going for on the 25th as I can spend the day down that way. :slight_smile:

“Poole quay next on my list Tue 18th Wont post till next week though

Bloody long way to go and talk b@ll@ks isn’t it - what you looking at - 2 hours each way?

I’m off work for a few days:D. So might stay @ campsite/BB for the night then head down to west coast and look for some twistys:w00t: Might even stay there for the night too before heading home.:smiley: Not decided yet though;)

But if the ride down is good it’ll be worth it. Besides, it makes a change from a half hour ride to talk poo… :slight_smile: