Nurburgring trip 29th April - 01 May 2017

Hi All !!

So myself, Ernie666 and Andrezje are going to the Nurburgring on Saturday 29th April and returning on Monday 01st of May. It will be a cool weekend including racing around the ring.

We have booked a return Ferry from Dover to Dunkirk (£40) and we are also booked into the motorsport hotel for 2 nights at the track, around £35 per night.

If you want to come with for a run you welcome. Go pro’s will be used on the track!

Best thing I ever did on my bike, easy trip, 1 day to the ring, 1 day at the ring racing and watching, 1 day to get back with plenty of stops each way, Brussels, Bruce, spa. Can’t wait!!!

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

Ernie, are you in contact with the guys we met at brands hatch. SDR and MT10 ? They are going the same day.

yh they are up for meeting up and heading towards the ring, sort out details closer to the day

Who is booked so far:

KTMJames
Ernie666
Andrezj
Zine 

Get your services done and new tyres!

Chaps im sure Changy found daily in insurance to cover your bike and track damage. Under £100 per day…

Track closure is expensive.
Oil spill clean up is a few grand alone.

Armco damage £15-20k is typical…

Have fun, can’t make this…

Who is booked so far:
... Mian
KTMJames
huh?

Oops that was supposed to be zine

Maybe next time Frank!?

Chaps im sure Changy found daily in insurance to cover your bike and track damage. Under £100 per day.. Track closure is expensive. Oil spill clean up is a few grand alone. Armco damage £15-20k is typical.. Have fun, can't make this.. R1 Frank
Not true :)

Cost of crashing on the Nurburgring

These include Armco repairs, safety car attendance, vehicle recovery, track closure, hospital stays and helicopter fees. I recommend avoiding these. If you can’t, then the following price-list may help:

• Base fee for attendance of armco truck: €150
  • Removing damaged armco: €10/metre (x2 or x3 or x4 for multiple-height sections)
  • Replacement armco: €31/metre (x2 or x3 for double/triple height)
  • Removing damaged armco posts: €5.10 each
  • Replacing armco post: €39 each
  • Safety car attendance: €82 per 30 mins (car + 2 people)
  • Circuit closure: €1,350 per hour
  • Recovery truck: €500 (inc VAT)
  • Hospital stay & air ambulance: Let's just say, do NOT go there without travel insurance! (Though a European Health Card - which replaced the E111 - may cover the hospital bit.)

Everything except the recovery truck is then subject to 19% VAT.

The record armco bill I’m aware of is €15,000. That was a car that managed to flatten a very impressive length of armco between the Quiddlebacher Hohe bridge and the crest on the approach to Flugplatz. But even a minor bump can turn into a surprisingly expensive day out

Good find Eddie, not the Inline with the stories I’ve been told :joy:. But not cheap either way…

I wonder if the new owners are being more transparent, as those costs aren’t that bad say 5k for a small section.

I nearly stuffed a Rent-4-ring into the Armco in the rain. That had a £3.5k excess for the car alone, now that would of been a bad day.

James, not sure if I’ll do the track again. I’ve not got good history there😂. If I had the spare hols, would of come for the ride, luv the German roads.

Another time for sure, have a go on the gokart track, they were a good laugh!

Chaps im sure Changy found daily in insurance to cover your bike and track damage. Under £100 per day.. Track closure is expensive. Oil spill clean up is a few grand alone. Armco damage £15-20k is typical.. Have fun, can't make this.. R1 Frank
Not true :)

Cost of crashing on the Nurburgring

OR £0 ... IF YOU LEAVE YOUR BIKE AND MESS BEHIND AND MAKE A RUN FOR IT!!!  :-)

:joy::ok_hand:

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

Been and loved it :slight_smile: Going again in June or July (have booked hotels for both :) )

4 weeks to GO!!!  Eddie, what hotel have you book in at? We went for the motorsport, looks relaxed.

Haus pit lane - stayed there before, nice owners(family owned) and good prices although a bit Spartan. Probably 1ish KM from entry to TF,

Racer’s Retreat a bit more glamorous (haven’t stayed there yet). Same’ish distance to the track

Is it the same motorsport hotel which is by the GP track? Fancy :slight_smile:

No, thats the Lindner Congress & Motorsport Hotel. We are in the Motorsporthotel.

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

Ahh. This one is 200m away from both of them :slight_smile:

Hi,

This weekend I’ll go to Nürburgring Nordschleife with my Tracer from London. Could you recomend any route avoiding boring roads?

many thanks.