Now I know I am geting old

I am an honourary life member of the Thames Valley RoSPA group which caters for both bikes and cars. https://roadartvg.org.uk/index.php

Last night I was invited to the 40th anniversary celebrations having been involved with the group since 1981, so the very early days.

A very enjoyable evening was had by all and it was a delight to catch up with members I had lost touch with over the years for various reasons.

What I wasn’t ready for was the number of people who came over to say Hi and then reminded me that I was either their tutor, examiner or lecturer for the theory sessions 30+ years ago.

That was when it made me appreciate just how time has moved on and that we are all getting old or are old. I am sure some of them just wanted to remind me out of spite because I gave them a bad grade, but also wanted t show off how good their memory is compared to mine :wink:

1 Like

I wasn’t born til 82. THAT’S rubbing it in :stuck_out_tongue:

However, you obviously made an impression.

We’re all getting old TC. If we’re not, we’re dead.

Thats part of the problem.

My birth certificate tells me I am 59

In my mind I am still 25

But my body keeps asking if I am dead yet :frowning:

So on that basis, I wake up in the morning, I still have a pulse and think “Result!” :+1:

1 Like

Ouch.

My “I know I am old” moment was when teaching 10 years back.

Pupil: You know who you remind me of Mr B?
Me: Brad Pitt?
Pupil: No, my grandad.

That was proper deflating…

:joy::joy::joy: and the pupil was 35

Haha. When my parents still lived in The Netherlands a child pointed at my dad in the supermarket and said “Opa,” which is Dutch for Grandad.

1 Like

That child was likely Greek and challenging your dad to a dance off

1 Like