Not sure if this fact or spoof, worth reading.

This information arrived this morning direct from both Microsoft and Norton.

Please send it to everybody you know who has access to the Internet.

You may receive an apparently harmless email with a Power Point presentation
‘Life is beautiful.’

If you receive it DO NOT OPEN THE FILE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES , and delete it immediately .

If you open this file, a message will appear on your screen saying: ‘It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful.’

Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC and the person who sent it to you will gain access to your name, e-mail and password.

This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon.

AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the antivirus software’s are not capable of destroying it.

The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself ‘life owner.’

PLEASE SEND A COPY OF THIS EMAIL TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS and ask them to PASS IT ON IMMEDIATELY

Are you a PC? Upload your PC story and show the world Click Here!

This email has been processed by SmoothZap - www.smoothwall.net

This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032.) In case of problems, please call your organisation’s IT Helpdesk.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

friends and family

Are you a PC? Upload your PC story and show the world

Are you a PC? Upload your PC story and show the world

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
Checked by AVG.
Version: 7.5.549 / Virus Database: 270.8.5/1757 - Release Date: 30/10/2008 14:35

I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter
We are a community of 5.8 million users fighting spam.
SPAMfighter has removed 19790 of my spam emails to date.
The Professional version does not have this message

See all the ways you can stay connected to friends and family

Are you a PC? Upload your PC story and show the world Click Here!

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG.
Version: 7.5.552 / Virus Database: 270.10.10/1904 - Release Date: 20/01/2009 07:49

I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter
We are a community of 5.9 million users fighting spam.
SPAMfighter has removed 64 of my spam emails to date.
The Professional version does not have this message

Beyond Hotmail - see what else you can do with Windows Live Find out more!

Just for those of us who can’t read huge letters in terrible fonts and colours which overlap each other… :blink:

Oh and I would never open an email or attachment from anyone that I didn’t know, but this does also smell of a chain mail type thing? Lets put the fear of god into someone and then have each and every one of us sending millions of emails all over the place to warn our friends of something which doesn’t exist, thus accomplishing what the originator wanted and overloading the network with traffic…simple, sometimes effective and just plain stupid…but then some people don’t appear to have anything better to do…beats the sh** outta me!

NB: I’m no suggesting that’s what GSXRCPFC was trying to do mind, he just needs to learn that if you want to get a message across then simple PLAIN text is far more effective! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

i never read any of my emails anyway, but i cant understand the point in doing things like this, can someone explain why people do it.

Anything that has AOL, Microsoft etc have confirm this is the worst virus ever yadda, yadda is always bullshit.

Anything that says it can destroy sector zero, etc see previous sentence.

I hate chain emails.

Good point from both replies, as I suggested read it or bin it, sadly the source is normally faily reliable, must change my source, just realised cant get rid of them thier family.

Will change font etc next time.

With any thing like this try “Snopes” first before passing it on to anyone.