Not starting/advice sought

Something similar happened years ago to a mate’s car.

All the electrics worked OK, but it wouldn’t turn over. He called out the AA/RAC & the guy removed the battery leads from the battery, cleaned up the battery posts & inside of the lead clamps with a bit of sandpaper, reconnected them & it started first time.

Seems that whilst the battery connection was good enough to provide power for lights etc. there was enough corrosion &/or the clamps weren’t quite tight enough to allow the amount of flow needed to start it.

Probably not this, but it’s a free & easy enough check to rule it out.

1 Like

definitely no click.
the button is a sealed unit (not like a road bike where you can “clean out” underneath)
It doesn’t seem to have a side stand switch and I am sure the kill switch is ok.
I think I have tested all connections, but have some help with this tomorrow as next step.
how difficult is replacing a starter motor?

starter motor on that should be easy enough as it goes pretty simple bit of machinery and on a tiny bike like that should be easy enough to get too.

sorted. was faulty starter button and possibly blocked carb. not starter motor. thanks for comments.

No need to have replaced the starter rely then.

Two completely different faults you mention. A faulty start button would cause a ‘no crank no start’ issue and this appears to have been the problem vs a blocked carburettor would cause a ‘crank no start’ issue.

Glad you have it sorted.

lol! always something simple.

Unless you own a deauville everything is a freakin nighmare