Not read it all yet, but this could be worrying

I knonw Jay has made sure that LB holds rights to anything posted here, HOWEVER

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=262570

Mate of mine into his photography posted this when he found it, and it suggests there are utterly devious scum bags trying to “grab” rights to pics posted online…

I haven’t read it through yet, but thought this might interest anyone with a camera fetish…

Yeeeah, not very nice for the photographer is it? Though I must say, they perhaps could have seen it coming.

yeah - also heard the same thing about using some freemail services…

ANYTHING you send - the copyright is automatically owned by the email service provider…

… and i’ve also heard the same thing about music… for example: if you were in a new band and did your own video and posted it on a ‘new bands’ website…

… the video AND music becomes owned by the hosting web site (apparently there are a lot of new bands that are falling into this trap…)

That almost doesn’t seem legal! Crazy, and very unfortunate :frowning:

Are there no photographers associations that would stand up for th right’s of the amateur photographer if his/her pics were used without permission?

Its well-established that the photogrpaher retains the rights unless other wise stated, but is that established in law, or more as a traditionally accepted situation amongst snappers…?

Sort of a Bike Legal mob, but for photographers?