No To Bike Parking Brigades Tactics

Pot…kettle…black :Whistling:

I do not agree with the way they have gone about their protest and I have made this very clear from day one, as Nathan has said I have always maintaned that they should be protesting for safe bike parking for their money which was what they were promised.

How’s that?
I agree that there’s not much point in discussing this again, but would like to know the reasons why Tim thinks it should be.
My request to know those reasons (possibly contained in the top secret PM) need not have been brushed aside so glibly.
Where have I been patronising? Or should I add a patronising emoticon for added effect? :Whistling:

:wink:

Those are not the droids we are looking for… Move along!!!:w00t:

Don’t understand the point of this thread- who cares what anyone else thinks?

I’m always right.

Garret what Tim sends to me in a PM is just that Private. Hence nothing to do with you.

You worry about your own things ok.

And yes that was patronising:D

Because imo you are one of the most patronising people I’ve met on LB, you may not feel you are but that’s how you have come across to me.

Last time I checked you were part of the editorial team and not a moderator so if PJ says he has it in hand then leave it to him as a mod to deal with. Anyway, Tim has already posted his answer to you :slight_smile:

+1

Except I’m right :wink:

Fair enough.

No

Camden Council, Oxford City council, etc:

Any of those thinking about introducing motorcycle parking charging now will know they are likely to be up against similar demonstrations.

This is certainly a drawback they will consider before introducing such a charge.

Therefore I think the protests are a good thing and support them.

Here we go again…

NO NO NO NO!!!

You wouldn’t be supporting criminal damage there, would you? :wink: Or is that irony?

How about you park in a free bay outside of Westminster and burn the rest of the way in on one of Boris’ new hire bicycles. They are free if you take them for less than 30 minutes, WIN:WIN.

The first 30 minutes are free, but you still have to pay an access charge. Guess what. It’s a £1 a day.

I could also park outside WCC and then get a taxi to the office in the centre. Oh. wait.

10 years ago I had a micro-scoot strapped on the back of the bike. Maybe I should go back to that?

Next.

Somewhat off topic. The cycle hire scheme is costing somebody some huge amount of money. £140 million over 6 years?

What they probably should have done is bought a few container loads of cheap chinese bicycles and just scattered them all over London. It would have cost less and would have been more effective at getting people to cycle. When they all get stolen or end up in the canal, just do it again. Hmmm. A cheap bike is what? £20 at wholesale prices? £1m = 50,000 bicycles.

Except that would have destroyed the low end of the new cycle market while also creating a whole new market for upgrades and fixes.

Questions were put to you about this and other tactics used and you never answered them … too difficult ?

which bit of No debate or mud slinging do you lot fail to grasp or shall i place it in KINDERGARDEN FLUFFY LARGE FELT LETTERS A BIT MORE PLAINLY ? JUST WANT SIMPLE ANSWERS TO A VERY SIMPLE QUESTION

No

Motorcyclists who routinely ride around London using noisy aftermarket cans do far more damage to our cause than the odd protest. Every non-biker I know is quite supportive of NTBPT, but to a person they hate the sound of loud IL4 and scooter exhausts.

They love twins, mind.