No Hotlinking?

If you see this image anywhere, then it’s because we’ve just implemented a way to help conserve bandwidth (sending of data from the server), so that we can manage our overheads, and to stop bandwidth-theft (the act of using someone elses bandwidth for your own gain).

I thought to post this up because some people have avatars stored on LB, which they use elsewhere, and so on those sites, this image will be shown. If this shows, please host your avatar on the other site.

If you place links to media in the forums on other sites, then they too will see this image when clicking on the link. Common web courtesy is to mention and link the site that hosts the content, or if possible, the page hosting that content.

Think of it this way; you wouldn’t just invite your mates round to a house you were baby-sitting without telling them it’s not your joint and to please respect the place. Similar thing here. I’m not asking much, as the systems will take care of most of it, just giving you all a heads-up.

Err??? Can you explain this to someone who 'aint got a clue, 'cos so far I have clicked on most of the topics on here and everything has that stupid banner on it…EVERYTHING! So whats the point then?

Actually may I add…everything except my own avatar that is…and as its mine I dont really need to see it do I

Does this cover both the images in you galleries and the images that people attach to their message that are hosted on the server?

well im getting no images atall…and my own avatar has been replaced with that banner too!!!..

i doo get the pics from the gallery tho…but not what ppl post…

is there somthing i need to change?

and whats a hotlink?

smiled.

BabyJ/Smiled, that’s not right, you shouldn’t notice it at all, unless you surf other sites that are linking to, or showing content on our forums. I’ll look into it.

TSM, it’s just forum attachments that can’t be hot-linked on other sites. The gallery images are fine (unless we choose to blacklist the site, which we have done to some plagurists).

The only image I get on the forums is my own avatar…thats it…Galleries no probs dude

bluddy hell jay…that was quick…!!!

were you sat ON the computer?

lol

smiled…cheers mate!!

Jay…

My Laptop and my office PC are showing that image all over the place !!..Even when I do a search for Londonbikers.com anywhere Im getting it. If Im logged in or not Im seeing it everywhere !!

Is there something Im not doing ??

Cheers.

It’s not you guys, don’t worry, it appears that for the minority, it’s blocking images on the forums. I don’t know why at this point, but I’ll cure it by turning it off very shortly, until I can get to the bottom of it.

Are you guys running any privacy surfing software of any kind? Anything that would change the way your browse the web under the hood?

nope…just zone alarm pro…but that just asks me whats safe and whats not…should’nt do that…

smiled.

Hey guys, to those that are having trouble with the forums and keep seeing this blocked image, can you please try this, load the offending page, then press CTRL and the F5 key together. This will forcabily get the page from the server, rather than your browser cache, which might be causing trouble.

Please let me know, as I need to try and eliminate something before I disable this no-hotlinking system temporarily.

Thanks for that Jay but offending page ??.. for me its every page…including the gallerys !!

Okay, try it any page then mate

nope…did’nt work mate…

sorry

smiled.

Okay. It’s been disabled now, try refreshing the pages as mentioned again.

Ohhhh Yeah…back to normal here …

Ctrl / F5 started to work on some pages too…

Thank you for the help.

after a reboot my end its working now

cheers mate…

smiled.

I believe I’ve found the cause of the trouble earlier where images were being blocked on LB itself, so I’ve made a change and re-enabled the blocker. Please let me know if you have troubles like before.