Nikwax at Tesco

Just ordered from Tesco direct click and collect

500 ml Nikwax TX Direct spray edit @ £5.50 now £7.99 inter webby wotsit

2 x 1 litre bottles Nikwax Tech Wash & TX Direct Wash-In @ £14.00 now £15.00 another inter webby wotsit here

Looks Still looking like a couple of bargains
Nikwax Tech Wash & TX Direct Wash-In Waterproofing, 2 x 1 Litre
Read more at http://www.tesco.com/direct/nikwax-tech-wash-tx-direct-wash-in-waterproofing-2-x-1-litre/215-7604.prd#H2LEPds7kYevKRqs.992 x 1 litre bottles Nikwax Tech Wash & TX Direct Wash-In @ £14.00 another inter webby wotsit

Nikwax Tech Wash & TX Direct Wash-In Waterproofing, 2 x 1 Litre
Read more at http://www.tesco.com/direct/nikwax-tech-wash-tx-direct-wash-in-waterproofing-2-x-1-litre/215-7604.prd#H2LEPds7kYevKRqs.99looks like a good deal

cant go wrong with that :slight_smile:

Update

I’m unclear on the specifics or technicalities of the wash cycles because Mrs Art did all the graft :wink:

Jacket and gloves
First wash on a low temperature cycle as per jacket manufacturers instructionsCold rinse rinse cycleSecond washed using 150 ml of Nikwax Tech Wash as per Nikwax instructionsThird wash using 150 ml of Nikwax TX.Direct as per Nikwax instructions

Result

Gloves - Worked like magic

Jacket - When it starts to rain the water beads up and rolls off, after about 3 hours of riding in heavy rain the water started to soak in, not right through just into the outer shell.

Which is all good news as before the Nikwax treatments the gloves and jacket simple soaked up the water at the first sign of rain without any beading and within an hour the water would have wicked right through.

Thank you Tesco/Nikwax and Mrs Art

Art a couple of things to ask Mrs Art please, if you could, as I’m in the same position my self.

1. First wash - does this have any detergent in it? I’m stuck on trying to find a natural ‘soap’… or will any old Persil/ Tesco stuff do?
  2. Where do you put the Nikwax liquid in the washing machine? Does it go in the fabric conditioner part or is it in a ‘cup’ straight in the drum? (I only use powder in mine)

Mrs Art says

First wash - ‘Tesco Liquid Coloured Detergent’ and cold rinse
Second/Third washes pour the Nikwax directly onto the wet jacket

awesome :slight_smile:

Dont use detergent, it breaks down the waterrepellant coating and clogs up the breathable material apartently.

Nicwax sells a two part system the tx wash to use instead of detergent and then the treatment on a second cycle if I remember correctly. Need to redo my stuff!

Thank Mrs Art for this info Art, we’ve just click & collected the 2 x 1 ltr pack. Now we can get as dirty as we like as often as we want to:D

It’s no longer available. And do not use any kind of detergent, nor conditioner, clean the compartment drawer of any washing powder/tablet residue and use the detergent from the green bottle on a 30 oC cycle and once it’s finished add the waterproofer wash-in and put on a 30oC cycle again.

Well we ordered it on Tuesday and got it on Friday (2 day ago) no prob!

Don’t forget the 500 ml Nikwax TX Direct spray, £5.50 now £7.99 click and collect inter webby linky here

I see the 2 x 1 litre Nikwax Tech Wash & TX Direct wash in waterproofing have gone up too, £14.00 now £15.00 another click and collect inter webby wotsit here

Update …

500 ml Nikwax TX Direct spray, £5.50, £7.99 now £8.00 click and collect inter webby didgeridoo do dah here

2 x 1 litre Nikwax Tech Wash & TX Direct wash in waterproofing, £14.00 now still £15.00 another click and collect inter webby didgeridoo do dah here

The time is right, you know you want to

Good spot Art, a timely bump for this thread :wink: