Newby to bikes and roads..!

Hi Dobby

Well done on your CBT, not easy when you’ve never been on the rd before is it?. Its my hubby who’s the member of this site, but sometime I jump in on his password! I passed my test last sept, on my suzuki 125, but like you I am only 5ft 1 and yes so many of the bikes are too big, but you can get them lowered. I even have the seat cut out on my 125, just to make it easier on my test with u turns etc. I have been looking at the kawasaki ER6N, you can get it lowered and they do a special lower seat which is also narrower, and that makes a big difference. Also last week I sat on the ninja 250 and was very suprised to find I could just reach the ground, (a gorgeous bike if you dont mind a 250), doesnt need restricting either! My hubby has just bought a 1979 suzuki x7(250) for me to ride, but because it origanlly came from Germany we have to get it registered, which is taking ages. But once its up and runing im going to ride that for this summer and then look around for something new, will give me a chance to get used to riding a bigger bike as well! Make sure you do your test, its the best feeling in the world when they say you’ve passed. And there are loads of bikes that can be lowered. Good luck

Mrs GSXR Carole

Hi and welcome…

Try SINCERE… I believe she has a cbr 125 for sale… Look forward to catching up at one of the meets… Keep us updated with regards to the new steed… :cool:

Jason

Hi Dobby, welcome to LB.
You have opted for the best idea, get a 125 for a while just to get road wise and the handling of bikes.

As already said, speak to ‘Sincere’ on here, She is selling her 125 and from what I can remember of it it’s a very well looked after, very clean bike.

Whatever you do, good luck and enjoy.