Newbie on trackday

Hi, all… Im planning to do a trackday before the summer ends…but never been onto track, a completely novice…
Would like to ask if anyone is going recently that I can join?? :w00t:

Bit later, but see the one I am going on on the 22nd October…

I will be doing a few before summer is up, I will post them on here. Brands Indy is a good first one as there isn’t much to learn - am looking at booking another evening one up there if you fancy it

yes, let me know please. thx

I looked at focus events, didnt see any brands indy at the moment though…:unsure:

Doing Silverstone on the 5th September and they have places left. It is my first one as well :o)

I am going with focused events.

Stu

im looking at this one…

http://www.easytrack.co.uk/article/trackdays

the brands indy evening short trackday at 7th Sep…

one question…do u hav to bring ur driving lisence counter-part (the paper came with ur lisence card) to the track? coz apparently i lost mine…and jus applying a new replacement driving lisence on DVLA websit last sunday…they said it will come within 2 weeks.

you can get away with the licence card but they may phone to check with dvla etc, so they get grumpy about it!

I am booking the 8th, the GP circuit with no-limits tomorrow

http://www.nolimitstrackdays.com/acatalog/Brands080911.html

You should be ok with the licence card but give the company a call to confirm. Worst case scenario it will cost you a fiver on the day for them to do a phone check.

Regarding your first trackday, you’ll get well looked after on the day. Everyone is very friendly and there is always someone willing to help or answer your questions.

I’ll be at Brands on Monday 19th September with Club MSV if you’re interested (I’ll start a new thread on this)

also the noise level…i dun know if the exhaust on my bike will pass the noise test though…

Im now booked on the 8th, on the above link

Sry, Leon, £169 is a bit out of my budget… but I wil prob go down there on that day for a noise test, so see u ther :w00t:

£125 for the brands indy on the 19th Sept? a couple of us are going there…

speaking/writing of driver’s licence, how is it with a non-UK EU licence? any probs to be expected?

I would not rely on it, but phone the organisers and they will set you straight.

I will ask for u, gonna ride down to Brands Indy tmr or Thursday for a noise test before I book any trackday.
Will post answer up on here.

cheers dude!

Sry, mate…I was there pretty late, couldnt find staffs, and I ask the guy did the noise test for me, he said its not his field so he doesnt know…
guess u hav to ring them up or write them a e-mail to ask.

Guess what, guys…my exhaust turns out just at the boarderline…105db…lol…they said I can only do daytime trackday…but I didnt put my baffle in for the test anyway…:blink:

cheers nonetheless :slight_smile:

will poke 'em at some point then

[quote]
Leon1984 (30/08/2011)

you can get away with the licence card but they may phone to check with dvla etc, so they get grumpy about it!

I am booking the 8th, the GP circuit with no-limits tomorrow

http://www.nolimitstrackdays.com/acatalog/Brands080911.html[/quote]

i was there today, didnt see you

I was in inters1, and was in garage 5/6. Had an awesome day at it too, my new lap timer gizmo makes me happy…

Enjoy the day andy?