Newbie Night Monday 2nd April at Ace Cafe

When Rob posted “…newbie night has been scrapped and is no more.” What are people supposed to think, to me it’s written in black and white.

Yes, I can read just like you, Patrick has explained above where the ‘Newbie Night’ has gone so you don’t have to repeat him I’m not a retard.

I agree…the regular meets are important and an effort should be made to keep them running, particularly neewbie night.

Well done to the likes of Ange and MacP and the guys up north for giving up their time and making the effort to welcome new riders/members. I used to be a regular to the BM meet (unfortunately have been visibly absent over the last few months due to legal boot camp ruining my life) and will be back when my exams are done.

It is easy for regular members to arrange little meets up with other mates on here between themselves, but that kinda meet can appear intimidating for someone who doesn’t know anyone - like gate crashing a private party on your tod lol! The Ace and BM are great for removing the appearance of a clique (not saying there is one simply the appearance of one maybe to those who are new) and should be kept going.

So what if the official LB lot have taken it out of the calendar (no idea why they woudl do that!) whats to stop a post being made to promote the meet on the first monday of each month as it always has been, for me many years ago the newbie night was my intoduction to many of the Lbers I’ve become good friends with since then.

It’s not just for Newbies, the whole point is that everyone goes and welcomes the newbies into the group properly rather than over the internet via a keyboard.

Now that I’ve got a bike again I will certainly be attending future newbies meets at thye ace, couldn’t make yesterday as I had a hopsital app but next month I will be there :slight_smile:

They might be trying to move it to blackheath…

Just keep doing it there as the ace cafe is known world wide.

lol Shitter…you do make me laugh…:smiley:
smiled.

“Official LB lot” lol Dawn that’s a new one.

Perhaps that could be our new Group name!

We are debating this thread and the issues within folks, just in case you think we’re all sitting around drinking tea at Blackheath or out on our bikes not paying attention to the forums etc.

Might I suggest that a little transparency would go a long way.

-simon

I think people should do what they like really. If folks want to have a night for Newbies let’s do it and if not there are plenty of other options to meet folks. I have noticed (last week at BM for example) that some newbie folks looked a little left out and had no one to talk to, but as soon as I made contact with them they made a swift exit and have not been seen again on LB (must remember to go easy on the amphetamines next time :smiley: )

Don’t be picky lol you knew what I meant :stuck_out_tongue:

I think people are just upset because no one knows whats going on :slight_smile:

My thoughts exactly…all we get is secondhand info or heresay…or gossip whatever you “MODS” call it…its suposed to be a community so why does nobody know whats going on??? why do we keep hearing snippets through the grapevine yet nobody can clarify anything??? APPARENTLY the logo is changing??? so why have the community not had a say in what its going to be like??? you mods seem to get the hump when all the members get upset so why not include them a bit more…is it any wonder this site is going to the dogs…:doze:

WASP…let me ease your pain…

Since Jay left myself, Andrew, pat, and PJ have had to make some tough commitments as to the future of this site. We have had to start from scratch and with very limited knowledge as to the entirety of LB. I’ll put this in simple terms…

We have had to split our entire lives, just so we could continue this hub we call London bikers so that you may have the very pleasure to complain about us not saying fuuck all about fuuck all…

The hours we have all put in over the past few months on top of our normal personal/working lives is exhausting to say the least. Anyone who has a 2 1/2 running around while your trying to work on something after a 12 hour shift knows just what i mean.

Yes we have some very good changes being planned for the future of this site…some are just not polished enough to deliver yet as the team feel that it would not be fair to show something half arsed or it getting to a stage then being binned at the last minute. How the hell would that look?..a bag of fuucking dog shite that’s what…(experienced this already didn’t we…).so we make decisions…battle them out between us…refine them…refine them again…until something worth announcing is possible. We have the opportunity here to go completely off the scale with LB and we have all got our heads down and are grafting like hell…

If you or anyone else want to make any suggestions…then we are all ears…we have a whole team dedicated to the forums now so there really is no excuse.

Bottom line on this is that we are so fuucking exited about the future of LB…and you should be too…after all this is your site as well as any others…so why not contribute and arrange a ride out or meet up or something…:w00t:

smiled.

Not understood quite why you haven’t moved the Forums to a vBulletin format, and chucked the rest of it in the bin.

Only my opinion, but I don’t think I have read a single page on “London Bikers” outside of the forum, so perhaps I am biased.

I think you will find running a forum much easier and far less taxing.

How about putting up a poll and finding out what the community, which is the people that bring us back constantly, actually think? If there is a ground swell of support for the rest of what is London Bikers, then sure you can feel empowered by the fact that you are doing what people want, if you find that most of us don’t really care about the rest of it then you can feel free to jack it in and make your lives easier.

A poll already has been done, though iirc a slightly modified poll will be posted on the LB main site soon too.
Also the main site gets more traffic than the forums.

Further I’m still testing a new combination of a site system and forum system with its integration and other gimmicks.

Lastly, vBulletin is crap :wink:

Fair enough, never used it myself.

vBulletin works for Gixerjunkies :stuck_out_tongue:

We’ve done the polls Steve…and the consensus was split.

Like i said, LB is a hub…it has a forum, gallery, news, product testing, and all the other goodies that has been there since its inception. This is what LB’s all about. Diversity in the community…ain’t that what London’s about anyway?:wink:
smiled.

now I know nothing about the running of this site, but was this post not started because LB scrapped newbie night?? was it not normal members putting themselves out to meet and greet newbies, and praise the “london bikers” forum, these same members that were not informed about it being scrapped from the website/forum, if so, then your above statement

.after all this is your site as well as any others…so why not contribute and arrange a ride out or meet up or something.
goes totally over my head, is it me, am I reading all this wrong (have done in past) have I got my foot in my mouth, or does that title belong to someone else?

To be fair, vBulletin is so many times better than this forum software, which in all honesty, is the worst I’ve ever used… :frowning: It’s good to know it will hopefully soon be changing :slight_smile:

But, yes, we are going somewhat off topic :slight_smile:

Okay…

Forum software - Please discuss this elsewhere…

Newbie Night At The Ace - as was is no longer our main way of getting Newbie’s into the community.

My bad. I unpinned the posts on the forums. It was felt that as a way of getting NEWBIES to meet and interact it wasn’t the best way of doing it. It’s well documented to be the case too - not least by the people there for the Monday Night. In the main ‘Newbie Night’ is a social meet for existing members of LB - nothing wrong with that and it’s the way of LB that people meet up and get together.

However the idea now is to try something different for New Members and that’s being done now. In essence what’s being done here is to give New Members the chance to meet LB’ers at different places, mainly on a Wednesday, but they have a choice. Of course that’s not to say no one can be around any other night of the week, however if we promoted a Newbie Night each month at the same time as trying the new approach it would contradict the new approach we’ve adopted.

If anyone feels let down / left out by me just unpinning the threads and not promoting it as LB’s main Newbie Night that wasn’t my intention. The Ace will always attract people down to it - whatever the weather and LB not having a Newbie Night there isn’t going to change that.

What I’d like to do is run this for a while to see how it goes. We’re trying lots of different things. We’re trying to make things work better and keep everyone up to date and involved but sometimes that’s not possible - I hope that’s okay with everyone.

I’d rather people seek me out if they have questions about all this or with how things are run. PM me or use Facebook - and I will call you. If you’d rather speak to Andrew / PJ / Shane no worries - but speak to us as you’ll get the information you need rather than snippets and gossip.

Once again I’m sorry if I’ve left people feeling they’ve been let down but it really wasn’t my intention.

I’ll keep this thread open for now. I must admit I think everything has been said so please try not to repeat what’s been said already and like I say drop me a line if there’s anything you’d like to know.

Patrick

Why don’t you keep the current plans in place until the new newbie night idea is properly in place?

I would assume that the mods want to be in control of newbie night but are not keen on travelling to the ace…

I think the Monday meet up should continue so long as someone regular on the forum is willing to go to the ace and welcome the newbies
The site seems to have lost its community feel but then that always sort of happens over Winter for me
I am keen to see what the new plans are :slight_smile: