Newbie here!

Hi all,

Newbie here!

I’ve finally taken the plunge and booked my DAS, which I take next Friday! Really really looking forward to it, fingers crossed I pass!

On the bike front, I really like the GSX-650F. But I’m worried that the bike might be a bit on the heavy side.

Has anyone owned one? Would like to know what you thought of it, should I look at something a bit lighter as a first bike?

Cheers!

Hi and welcome,

you’ll get loads of opinions on bikes here - no better place! Best advice is go sit on loads of bikes within your budget (see whats comfy for you). Most bikes are better at doing one thing than another - just a case of what you need it for…

All the best :smiley:

Hello there and welcome, Like post above says you should try loads of bikes for size. What suits one person may not suit another, Lots of good ‘all-rounders’ about nowadays. :smiley:

Hi and welcome aboard.

:)welcome to lb

howdy :cool:

hello and welcome, I think trashpuppy bought a GSX650f and seems to like it :slight_smile:

Hello and welcome

Welcome :slight_smile:

Welcome. GSX650F is a good bike, but depending on your needs have you thought about a Bandit 650? Basically the same bike, you can get it with a bikini fairing which will be cheaper when you drop it (and you will almost certainly drop it at some point - everyone does) and I believe it’s cheaper to buy. Also, if weight is an issue, try an SV650, which is about 40kg lighter, you can get it unfaired, semi faired or fully faired, and it handles better than both the Bandit and GSX-F (I rode them all last spring when I changed bikes).

hello and welcome