Newbie first Post

Same here! I worked hard to pay for my car and i did the same for my bike (presently out of work due to my accident) And all the people my age i know do the same!

And you are the 10%

Me and my brother both skinted ourselves getting our bikes (Legitimately) and after he lost his job we did everything to try and keep his bike but insurance for both of us is about 2k (london based) and I couldn’t bank roll him and keep mine as well so he is off the road at the moment and hating it his only consulation at the moment is when he gets to ride pillion with me or when I let him ride the bike on private ground.

Do you not have a member of your family or close friends with a address outside of london as bring your insurance down a hell of a lot

I think Gary Glitter has hacked in. :w00t:

Welcome to LB Paul :smiley:

what you add them as a named rider? or register the policy at their address?

Young riders are dangerous and lack any understanding of anything. They are not sure which bikes to ride or what roads to ride on. The thought of young men and women having passed their CBT being allowed on the road is a mystery to me.

However - I bought a brand new 250 and rode it home through London with no training (in those days that is what you did)

36 years later Im still alive and think Im the dogs danglers.

Take yer time and above all don`t follow my example.

Having said that I would advise anyone to take on board any improvement courses such as Bikesafe which are on offer. (I have done two recently)

Heh Ho, yer never too old to learn a new trick.

Hello and welcome to LB :cool: