Newb says hi

… well maybe not strictly true as it was second hand but you get the idea.
Now suffering bus lane camera paranoia, as well as learning the delicate art of filtering from fellow bikers who streak past up both sides of the queue pf traffic in front of me…
it’s all good though, picked a sunny week to start riding round the city, and i get quite a lot further than i did on my cycle:cool:

welcome to LB

EM

Hello mate - keep checking your mirrors! ;):slight_smile:

Hi and welcome!

Just take it easy, take your time and watch behind and your confidence and skill will build. And get as much training etc as you can.

Welcome to LB :slight_smile:

Hello and welcome to LB:D

Hi and welcome aboard.
To solve the problem buy a more powerfull bike.

Welcome.
Which Vespa did you get?

As others said, take it easy, don’t feel rushed because there’s bikes behind you. You will get w@nkers on big bikes with screaming revs right behind you, but don’t let it influence your ride. You’ll also find most riders are very considerate and nice :slight_smile:

Or some crazed lunatic and a thumping moto backfiring and pulling wheelies :wink:

Welcome to the world of biking and LB.

Have fun and stay safe

GTS125, plan on taking test so I can take pillion once I’ve got the funds together…then eventually get a bigger bike for longer trips.
Thanks for all the greetings

At least you know they’re there without checking your mirrors. Bloody moto riders. They’re all the same. :stuck_out_tongue:

… I’m just jealous because I want a louder can! :wink:

hello and welcome

Hello. Be careful. I chose a Vespa when I started so I could get used to riding in London. Bought it on a Friday, got hit on the Sunday and was off work for a fortnight. Wasn’t my fault but itwouldn’t have happened had I known then what I know now.

mm yeah thanks. cautionary tale. any words of advice gratefully received

HI AND WELCOME TO LB

Hello and welcome to LB.

If you ever feel bullied, pull over, let them pass and take time out.

What sort of performance do you get out of your Gt? My LX, with a small-screen will nudge an indicated 70 ( but we all know the speedo is useless :D)

it’s a GTS, rather than a GT - although having now seen them side to side in the bays they look exactly the same. Never got it much past 60 tbh - live in Hackney after all… and don’t fancy taking it on the larger A roads yet - still feel a bit vulnerable.

Welcome to LB :smiley:

I get confused between GT and GTS :smiley:

Fair enough, they are more fun to ride slowly anyway :cool:

If you ever have any probs or Q’s check out modernvespa.com … There seems to be nothing that lot dont know :Wow: