New type individual!

Greetings folks!
Finally taken the plunge as to riding after many many years of being sure that being deaf would stop me. I was thankfully wrong at least up to the CBT bit!
If anyone has advice about training for DAS in North London or Herts areas that don’t tend to run a mile when they find out I can’t really hear it would be hugely appreciated!

Welcome.

Hi, try these guys: http://beaconmotorcycletraining.strikingly.com/

Im not 100% sure but i think there is another hearing impaired user on this forum (Makman iirc) so he may be able to steer you in some helpful direction

Thanks folks! Been to a few different training places now, just back from talking to Camrider I think they’re called (?) and popping in to Vision in St Albans in a few days as they were so far the only ones to get back to me!

Cheers for the suggestion Benedictireland I’ll have a gander at them.

Welcome DeafUn. Try Stadium Rider Training, next to Ikea in Edmonton.

Welcome to LB. Can’t offer any suggestions on the training front, i learnt to ride outside london

Welcome, don’t let being deaf stop you, we have a Motorcycle Response Paramedic who is deaf, I’ll ask him who he used to do his training with

Welcome! If you liked CBT then you’ll absolutely love riding big bikes. You’ve made the right decision to do so, so best of luck with it all. I’m sure you’ll find a school who can help you (unfortunately I can’t suggest any).

Keep us up to date with your progress.

Seems the only hurdle is the training. And tbh it’d be fine if they put you in the middle so you can follow the other trainee. :slight_smile:

Welcome. Can’t help on the training, but come on a rideout or say high at BM

DeafUn check you private messages have sent you some questions that my colleague asked and said he can put you in touch with some Deaf friendly motorcycle instructors

:+1:t2:

Welcome. Can't help on the training, but come on a rideout or say high at BM Changyammi
PS. the fact that you're deaf would be very beneficial if you're riding anywhere near his bike :D
Im not 100% sure but i think there is another hearing impaired user on this forum (Makman iirc) so he may be able to steer you in some helpful direction TimR
Yes. that is me!

PM for info.