New toy

Congrats…an Orange convert

A colleague of mine swapped a sports bike for a bmw F800gs, has never had so much fun on a bike, he loves it.

Yeah, extracting the bike from a puddle, ditch or tree really ought to be just a normal part of a ride.

Its strange cos im really looking forward to coming off it in a muddy puddle!
How many people on here can say that about their bikes??

I loved my aprilia pegaso. So agile, so quick off the mark, and i love the exhaust note of a big single, especially with a cough legal can on :smiley:

the frame should be orange, surely?

Sometimes, some parts of a KTM are left not-orange.

The bike is now all stripped down but cant get the exhaust headers off the block to put the full titanium Leo vince exhaust on :frowning:

Gonna service it during the week as ordered the parts tonight.

Re the frame, I’ve seen one in orange and it looks good but im gonna rub it down and just paint it black as its easier to keep clean, if the orange chips it will be hard to keep looking good, whereas black can be touched up and wont show up as much as orange (I hope lol)

Congrats Sam
Bcr will be fun.
got some supermoto parts im going to sell. will let you know what i got when look in the boxes i filled up over the years lol

If its in parts you could do this
http://www.ktmforum.co.uk/off-road-enduro/89991-birth-new-bastard.html

Very nice… The older I get, the more I fancy a go at a crosser

And its best to have the front brake line between fork and wheel to protect it when you crash

Cheers dhofty. Not sure im going to start cutting things up lol. But I will get the frame out and painted :slight_smile:

I thought that, put it down to an Android grammar checker

Right…

Update.

The exhaust headers are off the block but the manifold is seized to the standard headers so going to have to order a manifold from hyside tomorrow. So I can fit the full titanium Leo vince system

The shock is off and ready to swap the spring back to the standard one as he was a big guy and has a really stiff fat boy one in it

The carb is off the engine and ready to be stripped down and cleaned.

Im in 2 minds about painting the frame now. Im starting to worry that if I make it to nice it will draw attention to it and it’ll get knicked again!!

Leo Vince system? And you think the orange frame will draw unwanted attention :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

To be honest I don’t think you need to worry, it’s the super sports that draw the most attention, especially the ones which break well. Super motos and peds appeal more to the opportunist, just keep sure you chain and disk lock it.

My internal recommendations are If you can park it in the cable compound … AND NEVER LET (bt) FLEET ANYWHERE NEAR IT …

Lol. BT fleet will never be allowed to even look at it!!
I wouldnt trust them monkeys with a toy car!!!

Unfortunately we don’t have a cable compound where im based

Sam, get the bike mechanically sound, enjoy riding it over the winter. Then do the cosmetic stuff.

I was going to have a multi bike for on/off road. the day after i got bike it had carbon parts and then just spent more than the bike is worth over the next few years lol