New theft deterrent

Chemical bike lock causes vomiting to deter thieves

Why not just fill it with gun powder :sunglasses:

Why not just fill it with gun powder 😎 MAD-DOG Dhofty
Claymore.  :)

Good material for steering lock

Buying

Would this be legal in UK? I get the impression that citizens aren’t allowed to protect themselves or their property here.

Would this be legal in UK? I get the impression that citizens aren't allowed to protect themselves or their property here.
Cypher
You are.  However I would also wonder whether this would be legal in the UK, general using chemcials against people is not seen in a positive light by the courts.

I would imagine its classed as a booby trap & it would be illegal as its intended to harm someone
Saying that i would still use one

As its butyric acid which can be bought as a food supplement the ingredients itself wouldn’t be illegal and items like smart water and dye spray systems are legal .but lets face it what your normal bike thief is willing to do to get your bike these days they will just adapt around this … fresh air supply gas mask instead of balaclava .

Charcoal and salt peter are basic items not iggal to own but when mixed you have gunpowder
Its not the ingreadents that are illegal its how you use them

Wise, need a little sulphur as well!

@ColinThorne, what would sulphur do?

It is the other ingredient in black powder :slight_smile:

Von. Quite right!

A few things to consider from the article.

.but lets face it what your normal bike thief is willing to do to get your bike these days they will just adapt around this ... fresh air supply gas mask instead of balaclava .
TimR

“Skunklock says it has tested its foul gas, and it even penetrates high-end gas masks”

Would this be legal in UK? I get the impression that citizens aren't allowed to protect themselves or their property here.

Cypher

You are.  However I would also
wonder whether this would be legal in the UK, general using chemcials
against people is not seen in a positive light by the courts.

Kevsta

“But the company claims it’s
ahead of the legal issues, having already reviewed United States laws on
the product.Some states have limitations on shipping chemical
compounds like pepper spray, so Skunklock has an alternative formula
ready for some customers.They’re also already looking at selling it in
countries with high rates of bike theft - including the United Kingdom,”

I’m quite skeptical about this either way, but hey, whatever makes the lifes of scrotes worse…

According to an article about it in today’s Times, they reckon it also complies with European regulations.

Read that hence why stated fresh air supply not gas mask …

[quote] A few things to consider from the article.  .but lets face it what your normal bike thief is willing to do to get your bike these days they will just adapt around this ... fresh air supply gas mask instead of balaclava .

TimR

"Skunklock says it has tested its foul gas, and it even penetrates high-end gas masks

Slacker
[/quote]

Read that hence why stated fresh air supply not gas mask …

TimR

Yeah, I figured you might have meant something else, but you did mention “gas mask”, so I was just being thorough. Not really sure what a portable fresh air supply mask would look like. Something like this?

“I had no idea that lock was hollowed out and filled with napalm officer, the nice man who sold to me in a pub assured me it was a genuine Halfords lock. I hope the talented young footballer isn’t too badly injured”

“Oh dear Officer, there was also a trace of anthrax? No idea how that got in there.”