New insurance quote

Tbh that is what your going to pay.

Fwiw I have finally accepted after much digging, NCB is not worth the paper it’s written on.

Anyone know the difference between Carol Nash and Carol Nash Select?

About 10%

I got quite lucky with my renewal. All insurers kept coming back £600+ with no accidents, no points and 10years NCD. Then out of the blue I ran a quote and MCE came back £280, all others still £600+, double checked all details which were fine and then grabbed it quick!

1 Like

Did it have a huge excess? I found MCE the only insurer with a reasonable price but with huge XS. They also set themselves up to to be unobtainable to discuss details and so leave me exposed in the case of a claim. It’s a scam really and odd that the regulator allows this sort of thing.

1 Like

So far it’s been closer to 70%

The only time I have had to speak to M.C.E. in person was to discuss details about my short-term medical driving licence, but I had no trouble getting through to them.

Not that it lasted very long, as apparently they no longer care about such things.

MCE is not an insurer. They are a broker so will work with multiple insurers.

The extent to which they apply these excesses as standard to get favourable premiums from insurers Vs insurers stipulating this is unknown but I suspect this is highly likely. They can also then offer excess cover.

I was with them for a number of years due to multiple notifications and always had a high sky excess but was the only way I could get an affordable premium. Then paying for excess cover separately with someone else still made it more affordable than others.

In terms of claims, they can be a bit pain and depending on who you speak to you may get conflicting advice. I had to speak to three people before my claim was taken up. In the end took six months or so but got it paid. It was only so quick (relatively) because of no injury, just motorbike damage.

From memory I never had an issue getting through to anything sales related, sometimes customer service took a while but no longer than your average broadband, bank, utility firm. Sometimes within mins, sometimes within half an hour.

I’ve just renewed with MCE
I got what I consider to be a fair deal & they haven’t been that bad when i had to make a claim
Bennet’s on the other hand are total dick wipes

I second the Bennets thing… each additional year of no claims was apparently a reason for them to increase my quote not decrese it and they were just dicks about it all.

Bloody hell, insurance, new tyres and MOT all in one very expensive day :sob:
Anybody want a kidney?

1 Like

Blood type?

smart. getting insurance on the excess as well!

Red?

Try Cornmarket for insurance. If you have passed the IAM Advanced motorcycle test, their premiums can be very competitive. Since passing the Advanced test, most of my bike and car policies have been with them.

The staff are exceptionally professional and helpful. So much, that I would say that I’ve not come across any company that is consistently as good. Their telno is 028 9033 2111, based in Ireland.

Excess came in at £500, which is more expensive than my cars excess but not as awful as some of the excesses I saw of 1k + !!

Those high excess figures ain’t so bad. Add up what you save in premium vs what you’ve paid out in excess over the years.

so removing commuting makes little difference to my premium (£15)!!

1 Like

Putting it back will add £100!

3 Likes

Bemoto offered a very competitive quote for my two bikes - unfortunately only if i didnt have a power commander on the CB