New insurance quote

Bleeding liberty - just got quoted £78 fully comp on my Kwaka. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

OAP price

5 Likes

:frowning: .

1 Like

What you moaning about! mine was £98…

Some people, never happy :joy:

I’ll end up paying nearer £300 once I add on second bike, breakdown cover and European cover. But thought I’d cheer you all up :slight_smile:

Haha, 3 tanks of petrol to insure a litre bike. That’s really something.

You’ll have to change your name to bluebadge :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

You’re still 10% more than mine :laughing:

I thought £115 for my 1290GT including commuting was good. Not gonna complain though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where are you getting all these great quotes?! My 93 Trident has just cost me nearly £250 and I’m defo an OAP!

1 Like

Suspect my Suffolk postcode might have something to do with it :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 postcode

When I moved here from London my insurance went down by a whooping 90%

some clues here car insurance postcode ratings

That’s moving from an F* to a B

2 Likes

Thanks for that, I now see why mine is so high. It’s an F* which means it should be locked in a garage! Sadly no chance of that here… (N London)

1 Like

LOL mines F* too well honestly, I’m just happy I got mine below £2.5K per year…not far enough below but probably could have built a garage with the money it cost me to insure it for 5 years so far

Fooking hell!!!

Mine’s a F* but I paid £148. What have I got wrong in my application?

that is actually what the police dude said when I showed him my insurance certificate before my driver course.

Full disclosure, i’ve got it down to 998 now…

In a nutshell if you live in London north of the river you’ll be paying top whack on your insurance for the privilege, but you knew that.

According to research and a report by Mehdi Punjwani published on Moneey Supa Markeeet the top 5 most expensive areas in the UK for motor vehicle insurance are all in London! East London, Ilford & Barking, North West London, North London or Southall & Uxbridge are top of the motor vehicle insurance postcode league tables in the UK, you can tell by how he carves up London he’s not from these parts.

Happy to have moved out of London apart from the massive loss on rising property prices over the years. Who could have predicted Shoreditch would go from inner city slum clearance to some of the most highly desired residencies in London?

Link to the report with tips on how to reduce your premium

1 Like

Ended up at £262. Bennetts.

Well worth a phone call, came down from £325 odd. IAM insurers are fcking useless - claim they’ll beat anyone but never do for me.

I added this on my last quotes to see how much of a difference it made, and the answer was £3, cost me more in effort to ticket the box TBH