New Helmet: Arai RX-7V Tatsuki Rep

I was going to refurbish my existing John Hopkins rep RX-7GP, but it turns out it’s 13 years old. I bought it off @PJ years ago, no idea how long it had it :grinning:. This is a bit old really, so time to replace it!

Went to the Infinity Motorcycles Outlet store but didn’t like any of the designs they had in stock. Hunted around online and fell in love with the Tatsuki rep but couldn’t find it discounted anywhere so just bought it from Inifnity online (always nice to be able to go back into store if there’s any issues).

Have also ordered the FIM deflector aero thing from anther site to upgrade it to the FIM Race version, which is meant to help stabilise the head when tucked in at speed on track. Need to order a tinted visor too.

Japanese popcorn?

New latch to secure the visor at high speeds, plus allow a locked-demisting position.

3 Likes

Oh that’s sooo nice. Unfortunately for my bank balance, I haven’t found anything that fits me as well as the RX-7s and that design is one of my faves atm.

I tried AGVs and Shoeis recently, in the name of science. They still don’t suit my head shape.

It had to be an Arai RX-7. The price is a bit rich. Most I’ve spent on a helmet. But if it lasts 13 years like the last one, I’ll see that as quite good vaue.

they do say you either have an Arai head or a Shoie head

I went off AGV when the rear spoiler fell off after 3weeks the quality went downhill

Very pretty… Really like the design.

However this is the thing that came to me when I saw it

1 Like

I seem to have both? :man_shrugging:

You have two heads?

Does the shape change depending on if the month is on cardio or weights?

Accessories in! Diffuser spoiler to turn it into the Race FIM model that the GP riders wear (stabilises your head when tucked in at speed on the straights, think the idea is to make it easier to spot your braking marker), tinted visor and another pinlock 120 to keep things clear.

The mechanism on the visor is super slick nowadays. Feels great, and the new pinlocks are so big compared to the old ones: you don’t lose any vision at all.

I think it looks pretty trick too!

Have they changed the way the side pods come off… Always felt I was breaking them off!

That’s a thing of beauty.
I’m still wearing the Chaser V I last crashed with, having bought it just months prior and was then professionally checked by the Arai area rep at infinity. Wouldn’t consider wearing anything else than Arai.

2 Likes

Yes, thankfully! There is a button you press to release them easily, and they stay connected with a wire. Very easy to push back into position after.

I broke a side pod once too on the older models.