New Garmin Zumo 350LM to be released

Details are here: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=135&pID=107979&ra=true

It doesn’t have an MP3 player though so no Madonna on the motorway and therefore it won’t be much use to me. I’m hoping they will replace the 660 with something cool at some stage.

What would be really cool is if there was a rideout mode which told you information about the next corner or series of bends you were approaching. That would be interesting.

£420??? I don’t care how good it is I’m not paying that. My £30 iPhone app and some headphones does the job nicely thank you (and I can listen to my music if I want to…)

I spotted that a little while back too … its not clear on any major improvements over the older models (hope it redraws faster!) and does seem rather expensive.

Cj whats the app called?

I use google maps usually or navfree if I want stored maps

You should have Jailbroken it and saved yourself £30.

Don’t really want to mess with it, but how would that have saved me £30?

@R1 FRANC : it’s called CoPilot. There’s 3 of them and you can choose which regions you want: CoPilot Live, CoPilot GPS, and CoPilot Live Premium. I originally bought it when there was only CoPilot Live so not sure what the differences are but just got a free upgrade to the GPS version - it’s pretty good most of the time. There are other choices nowadays too but TomTom is more expensive I think.

I can download all the popular items in the AppStore for free… Also, once you jailbreak you can fully customise your iPhone.

Really easy to do… If you need someone to do it pop by because if I remember correctly you don’t live too far. Just make a backup before you jailbreak and if you don’t like it restore from the backup. Really useful.

You can mod your iPhone to do more through Cydia (the jail break app) like download from iTunes for nought, etc.

[quote]
CjKit (05/07/2012)

Don’t really want to mess with it, but how would that have saved me £30?

@R1 FRANC : it’s called CoPilot. There’s 3 of them and you can choose which regions you want: CoPilot Live, CoPilot GPS, and CoPilot Live Premium. I originally bought it when there was only CoPilot Live so not sure what the differences are but just got a free upgrade to the GPS version - it’s pretty good most of the time. There are other choices nowadays too but TomTom is more expensive I

Cj nice one, cheers.

Nice one groovy, just down loading navfree