New Forum Issue List

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but it is not possible to see to whom a PM has been sent. At the moment, it just shows the sender and not the recipient. Can this be changed?

It was previously possible to include a description when posting a new topic, but this does not seem to be possible in the new forums. I found this field to be useful when positing information about ride-outs and reading through the ride-out section. Is it possible to get the description field back?

Thanks for the time and effort you’ve put in so far.

if you see the post before yours we’ve just mentioned the pms :stuck_out_tongue: as for the descriptions, i think we now have tags that personally work better

That’s a shame, but it’s not something we can change really.

The good news though is that there’s a new forum update on the horizon from the manufacturers. We’ll review the change list and share accordingly, to see if people want the features.

I have a question about accessing the forum on your mobile - at the moment I don’t do this because it just seems like a drag on my Samsung Galaxy S. It just goes through the browser and for me that’s really slow, clumsy and ugly. I tried it yesterday and it just loads the whole website. Do people use an app for reading forums? If so, which one?

Anyone else on google chrome getting this? I get this on the forum all the time now since the switch over, not a show stopper just starting to get a little irritating.

hmm thats not the jpg I uploaded.

It’s the sad folder icon with ‘Something went wrong while displaying this webpage. To continue, reload or go to another page’

there is no app at the moment to access LB. i use the android browser and it works ok-ish, i do have to resize the screen everytime and cant reply :blink: but apart from that it works :hehe:

jay has hinted of an mobile version - if the moaners didnt distract him with things like color and fonts we would have had that by now :stuck_out_tongue:

wouldnt you really agree that these things should have been in place before all was released live … that way we MOANERS as you eloquently put would be more likely to slap him on the back and praise the sunshine out of his backside ? If We the MOANERS or aka members didnt give any feedback in whichever form would that be worse or better ?

I think we should really just leave this alone for now eh guys?

We know there should really have been more testing done but we can’t go back now. It is what it is.

We know we’ve disappointed and annoyed many people with some of the features lacking right now.

But banging on about this and that isn’t gonna make it happen any faster since everything is being done as fast as possible. For instance Jay had to go into work today at the last minute, so that’s scuppered today’s development.

Since tempers appear to be fraying it is high time we all just act like a community and pull together on this, warts and all.

Keep the problems coming of course but otherwise let’s move past the rehashing of what’s happened.

+1, I agree:)

er thats why it is in this state as it was released as fast as possible …with no onsight to the Community …

And anyway i am in the community spirit … its just i am the annoying aggrevating moaning old w@nker who you find in every community …

“you wouldn’t let it lie”

:stuck_out_tongue:

just tried seaching for a member and it comes up with results that have nothing to do with what you searched for

Hello,

Tried changing my name…motopup. didnt work. (macP tried changing it for me) i have to log in as Tango’d but all my posts and user area say lewisR6.

It wouldnt allow me to do it. Im guessing a system gliche. (name wanted motopup)

thanks!

“You didn’t let me let it lie!”

Seriously though, two things, not deal breakers, that would help are:

1. a ‘top of page’ button next to posts - saves having to scroll (yea, I’m lazy)

2. Board>forum breadcrumbs on posts - a link (or links) to show which forum a post is in e.g. ‘Crazy Supermoto video’ in Supermoto
    That way, users can browse to the ‘parent’ forum to view all current posts. Especially useful when searching or using the ‘Recent Posts’ function.

Both features were present in the old software.

Its too white/bright.

Have to wear sunglasses when I’m on here.

Noticed an intermittent problem that also used to happen on the old site- quite often when you hit the ‘quote’ button your reply appears within the quoted text making it indistinguishable from it.

We’ve asked for some help with looking at some new colours for the forum. We’ll see what comes back. Graphic design isn’t my forté.

not having moan,

just to make you guys aware the quote thingy is workign on/ off alot, sometimes it works sometimes it dont?

Yeah, we’re on it, cheers mate, and sorry.

Bit by bit the forums are getting quicker… After spending an evening doing the job the forum creators should have done and minifying the crap out of everything and creating an LB CDN to offload our static files to.