New Forum Issue List

Funny thing is Jay, this is not browser related. It is USER related - i.e. my actual user (tehswerver) on LB. I am now home from work and I still just get spinning circles instead of General Chat, I am on a completely different computer/internet connection. I think I saw Kaos mention something similar in another thread.

Hope you find a fix dude! :smiley:

These spinning circles are just starting to pee me off now too:crazy:

like the buffering of a vid?

i’m getting this problem whilst trying to view recent posts,i’m using google chrome here

was working fine at work but at home it’s all spinning. same browsers or IE

just noticed i cannot see anywhere i can sign out/log off the site?..am i just blind,i’m automatically logged in each time i visit just wondered if i log out and try again if it’d fix the spining cirlces,deleted cookies and tried using IE with no luck

log out is on the main site,
alternatively here:

http://londonbikers.com/?cmd=logoff

:slight_smile:

dont think its user related as it happens if im signed off at my home laptop, or signed on at my work laptop.

The spinning circles problem is nothing to do with logging off, browsers, cache (on your side at least), etc - it is a problem with your actual account at LB. The only way I reckon you could fix it is by creating a new account on the site.

ok, so it’s just LB is screwed then lol

Is everyone getting spinning circles on the same pages? I get them if I try and look at the main ‘General Chat’ page

It was this thread I posted it in.

Can’t get anywhere with Chrome at the moment, switched to Firefox and it seems to be working ok for the time being.

aye, ‘general chat’ for me too.
can’t be LB account related as initially suggested, since logging out & deleting cookies should then bypass it, but it doesn’t.

Works fine on the dreaded IE, but not with the good browsers

Verified that too - but it could also be affecting the ‘Guest’ account which you would be accessing the site using if you weren’t logged in perhaps?

Unless teh guest account is also shagged?

but how comes then that it works with IE?

/edit to add:
both logged out and logged in, via IE works

Recent posts link is just showing me the spinning circle thing, it used to work fine until now’ish.

doesnt work for IE for me either…:frowning:

END OF QUOTE!!!

Yeah I can’t explain it either - it works in IE for me too, but how Tango Foxtrot do I have the same spinning circles on two different computers on two different networks in two different physical locations if the problem is a client side problem (i.e. cache, etc) - it has to be a problem server side that is affecting all browsers except IE.

my post:
perhaps a javascript error somewhere there with the AJAX related for that forum, causing FF and Chrome to abort, while IE often tends to continue with incorrect stuff :wink:
or perhaps a modification somewhere which may only work with IE.

It’s also platform independent with those browsers, got the same problem no matter if Windows or Linux, but that shouldn’t matter generally anyway ^^

MY POST:

LOL, the nested quotes need some lovin too Jay while you’ve got your spanner out mate!

Picture attaching is awesome though at least :smiley:

at least my quotes work :stuck_out_tongue: