New Forum Issue List

Sorry, this was a bit premature. Can’t post pictures (again) tonight :frowning:

works for me

While I’m at it … the “online” button used to appear at the bottom of posts … it is now on the persons profile.

Can we get it moved back? Nice to know whether you’re responding to someone who is online or offline etc.

My bigger related issue though (and risking outing myself as a stalker) … we used to be able to click the “online” button … and it would tell you what the user was doing (or at least what their last action on the forum was) … i.e. posting a quoted reply … replying to private message … etc. Was handy if you’d sent a message to know whether someone had read it/was in the process of replying to it.

You can still see what they’re doing - just hover the mouse over the hyperlinked name of the forum homepage and it shows it :wink:

Acknowledge you can do it that way … but only says “reading topic” - not which topic they’re reading like you used to be able to - … but more importantly … the time they’ve been doing it since … e.g. … you send a PM at 13:00 … at 13:30 the person is still online and you’re wondering why they are ignoring you … so you click “on” and it tells you that since 12:50 they’ve been posting a quoted reply … this means they’ve not even had the notification telling them you’ve sent them a message yet … so not ignoring you … you’re just way OTT on the stalker front :slight_smile: :blush:

Plus it’s hardly as easy/convenient as it was to go back to the home page compared with clicking the “on” button in a thread/on the PM like you used to. No? :slight_smile:

Tbh I never looked at it in so much detail :stuck_out_tongue:

Please can you issue a list of clear instructions (in English for non computer literate people) of how to load pictures (especially your own photos) on to this new site?

It seems very selective of which pictures it will take. None of our own photos will work :frowning:

Hi all. The list has been updated with some new additions based on recent feedback here.

Not sure about the stalking features, sorry, think you’ll have to find other ways to behave oddly :slight_smile:

Fixed the font-size issue and left-hand column size on topics.

Jetstream… you uploaded a photo. Are you saying you can’t now?

Looking good Jay! :slight_smile:

Font size works well

Hey all, we’ve just re-enabled forum emails for things like notifications. We were concerned that too many were being sent out, and they were. It seems that people you follow now becoming people that you get notified about new posts for, with the new forums. We’ve set all existing buddy’s will not result in notification of post emails. You can change this in your profile if you wish.

Let me know here if you still get too many emails, but after keeping an eye on the email queue it seems all right.

When things quieten down, yes. Or perhaps someone else could do this for us? It would really help.

Thank you to Pan for explaining:)

Wow.

As an aside, that section of Active users has only shown up intermittently for me since the changeover. Thought it might just be my browser - I get the spinning thinking circle. I guess it works for everyone else?

confused why my post count has gone from 7000 down to 4400:ermm:

They’ve removed boring post’s :smiley:

Post counts were recalculated. Looks like the old count was wrong. We hadn’t recalculated them in a long, long time.

Guess you’ll have to post up more :slight_smile:

For some reason, all of a sudden I can’t access the entire ‘General Chat’ part of the forum - I just get the spinning circles in the sections that load stuff. I deleted my browser cache including the cookies for LB (Firefox 5.0) but it made no difference, I can access it fine if I use IE. The new look site has worked fine in Firefox 5.0 since release up until now…I can access threads which reside inside the general chat section (from externally linked threads for example), but i can’t actually load the gerneral chat page from the link on the site - I just get the spinny circles of doom.

Any suggestions other than that I need to use IE (I hate that browser)?

hmm same here… using FF and chrome??

ah, thought that would be me only, whew… :blink:

We know about some issues with spinning circles and are looking at a fix for this at the moment. More soon!