New Biker Cafe - East London

Hehe, pretty cool that! here’s an old video of me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvRw7cUql18

I need to do a recent one, now able to wheelie smoother/more controlled and shift gears.

Choprocker - I’ll let you know how my visit goes on the weekend!

i have seen your videos before linked from the drz forum.

i signed up on there ages ago when i was going to buy a drz but could not afford one at the time

LOL small world, although I have 95subs (BEASTLY!). Defo recommend a drz!

defiantly man haha i will get a drz at some point but am turned away as i get into so much trouble being a hooligan on my 125.

i count 1 extra sub now =] i need to get out with my gopro more now last time i checked i had 150ish now i have 288 =0

Hmmm…qu’elle surprise at the level of cynicism :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, for those of you who are interested I sent over a few questions yesterday and the owner Josh replied earlier today. Haven’t had a chance to return his call as yet, but will update on anything new I learn once I have spoken to him. His flexible attitude is refreshing and to be applauded - I personally wish him and his team every success and am excited about going over to see it - thinking late lunch on October 5th for anyone who is around.

Hi Ally,

Thanks for getting in touch! We’d love to be your meet uppoint for ride outs. Our hours aren’t yet finalised and we hope to have alicense soon so will be opening later into the evening for booze and dinner.

We’d be more than happy to open earlier on the weekends fora pre organised ride out. We could open from 7 if you wanted to hit the roadfor 9.

We have private parking around the back for about 200 bikeswhich should fit the bill and are actually just getting loyalty cards printedup anyway which are for coffee at the moment (buy 9 get one free). We have oneladies toilet and a gents with 2 urinals and a cubicle.

I’ll give you a ring later on this morning to discussmore…

It’ll be that annoying scenario where I want to join theride but have to stay and run the cafe! That’s what I’ve signed myself up forfrom now on though I suppose!

Cheers,

Josh

Ross -stop hijacking this thread with your stunt antics - go take your new bromance somewhere else!! ;):stuck_out_tongue:

HEY! Girl’s like a guy who can get it up :laugh:

Owner’s response sounds promising.

Following his epic accident, I think it will be a long time before Ross gets it up again!! :w00t:

This new cafe sounds perfect!!! &is close by too. Great stuff Curly!

hahahaa im sorry the talk of supermotos and wheelies gets me all hot and bothered XD

im glad i was wrong with what i said about it just being a theme and i look forward to popping over for some pancakes some time and checking it out.

hey that was not there when i replied. i get it up just fine thanks lol

You are forgiven Ross and well done for being open minded enough to go and check it for yourself before writing it off!! As for Choprocker - he thinks a Walkabout is upmarket and expensive, so I don’t think Josh should hold his breath for his custom!!
Have asked Josh to send me a menu with prices and have suggested that if as I suspect he has a big-ass Italian machine selling Skinny Cappus and Machiatos for £2-£3 a pop that he also considers having a budget option - filter coffee for a pound type of thing.
With room for 200 bikes I hope he is looking to be welcome to all comers, with every size of wallet. I would happily spend more for a decent burger with good quality meat than whatever it is that Ryka’s serves up. The Posh Banger Boys is BM sell us a lot of burgers and the quality is amazing, so you don’t feel you’re being fleeced when you’re paying double the price of what they are at the Black Heath Tea Hut. But it would be great if they have a range of more budget conscious options too. It all depends on what his business model is. Looking forward to finding out more!

there was this on the web site the last 3 on the food menu have me sorted i think XD

Coffee

Americano £1.80Double Espresso £1.60Filter Coffee (Free Refills) £2.00Flat White £2.20Latte £2.20Cappuccino £2.20Iced Latte £2.60

Food (Sample Menu)

Daily selection of pastries £1.20 to £2.20Home made brownies £2.00All day thing (mexican style breakfast wrap) £5.50Pancakes with Bacon £5.00Eggs on Toast £3.50BLT £3.50

Daily changing salads/ stews and soups

never been to a meet as Ace cafe is on the other side of London and i dont get too much free time, however this place sounds perfect!

looking forward to seeing some of you guys there hopefully :slight_smile:

Okay spoken to Josh (the owner), sounds like a really good guy. It’s very new, so new stuff is being added to the website every day (hence why I missed the menu first time round!). He seems really flexible and open to ideas and suggestions. Has a 5,000 sq ft space that can be used for all sort of events - has one on October 5th (afterparty for a Custom bike show happening in Shoreditch), as well as parking for 200 bikes. Looks like the Ace might have some competition finally. Looking forward to going to see it. Going to try and pop in sometime next Wednesday 2nd Nov on my way back from Manchester and before going on to BM, if anyone else is free to meet there sometime between 4.30 and 5.30pm let me know. Any good for you Martin?

Looks good, and not far from me. Well done, Ally!

Ally presume you mean 2nd Oct?

Yes indeed Martin… wishing my life away! Will be travelling down from Manchester on Wednesday morning - if weather is good, going to have a play in the Peak District for a few hours, otherwise I will be whizzing back as fast as poss! You fairly flexible in the afternoon?

Ah something closer to my place, will have to check it out. Thanks for this.

Am gonna pop down with a pillion pal at some point looks delightful :slight_smile: