new Africa Twin video

I was right.

bunch more pics here: http://www.africatwin.org/media/albums/honda-crf-1000l-africa-twin-photos.2/

Yeah that looks cool.
Do they do proper crash bars and hand guards?
The Tiger’s aren’t brilliant, especially the hand guards.

there’ll be a multitude of engine bars available

Can wait for a test ride;)
Surely there’ll be a old vs new test and my guess is the old AT will come top just because of its past history and for being an iconic bike!:slight_smile:

HONDA’S new Africa Twin will cost €12,100 in Europe - that’s £8,550 if the same price reaches the UK, making it £3,350 cheaper than a BMW R1200GS.

Of course, there are some provisos here. The pound is strong at the moment, which skews the conversion, plus the price released by Honda relates to an entry-level model – the firm says there will be several variations and we don’t know which will be offered in the UK at the moment.

Strangely, the official Honda release also says that ABS and HSTC (Honda Selectable Torque Control – or ‘traction control’ to use its familiar name) isn’t available on the base model. Since European regulations mean that every new model of road-going bike over 125cc sold from 1 January 2016 must have ABS as standard, that base bike is presumably not going to be offered in Europe.

So is that cheap price, stated in Euros, actually related to a model that won’t be offered in Europe?

However the message appears to be that this could be a bike that’s significantly cheaper than the market-leading BMW R1200GS, which starts at £11,900.

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/africa-twin-3350-cheaper-than-r1200gs/27982.html

I’d be stunned if it is that cheap. Looking at Honda pricing (UK & DE):

VFR800F £10’699 €11’990
CBF1000F £9’599 €10’890
NC750X £6’499 €6’540

I’d predict a £11K price minimum, but as you said about the european models having to have ABS, I’d predict a £12.5K price once it is announced

Yeah, if there’s a <£10K model I’d expect it to have nothing remotely optional on it, I can’t see there being a <£9K variant.

US pricing released.
Africa Twin $12,999.
Africa Twin DCT $13,699.
compared to:
Yamaha Super Ténéré $15,090
Suzuki V-Strom 1000 $12,699

off-road video.

Still no news of the UK pricing. I’d imagine they are holding off the bad news.

UK pricing curtsy of the NEC. Base model £10.5K.

Considering that KTM dealers are throwing out the 1050 Adventure with luggage for 10K, I’d go for the KTM.