Need to go some where

Are you ok?

I had music on, but just assumed the bluetooth signal dropped as that happens sometime. Go to click play and nothing there!

The next Cardo design is awful compared to their Scala Riders. Instead of slotting down on the mount they have a front facing clip, any pressure on that releases it. I once knocked it off when stopped at lights, so was able to get off and pocket it. Always been careful since, but I guess wind can loosen the clip too.

Time to go shopping again.

Sorry, yes I am perfectly fine, thanks.

The bike was pointing one way to turn right and I was looking around the trees the other way to check for traffic and the weight just got the better of me. I had forgotten, but I had struggled at that junction before so I wonder if there is an awkward camber?

Unable to save it I was able to step away as I tried to lay it the best I could, so the bike just has new scuffs where it already had old ones. All is good, other than needing to spend the next year constantly adjusting my mirrors to get them just right again.

6 Likes

As long as you’re in one piece @Michael everything else can be replaced, an expense you could probably do without but replaceable nonetheless.

@bluelagos and @Joby that Garmin made its bid for freedom at 60+ mph took two or three good bounces on the tarmac before heading off road and into a ditch… and it survived.

@bluelagos thanks for the shout out you picked out some great roads there. I passed on the fish n chips because her indoors had dinner waiting. Good company with @Kevsta and @BigVern, my TomTom trip statistics show 255 miles travelled, 5:42 in the saddle at an average speed 45 mph, it also confirms that the very nice Police Lady on the unmarked 1400 Kawasaki may have been spot on in her estimate of our maximum speed.

One light hearted lecture, nil points, no FPN’s or cautions…

Happy Days.

2 Likes

An estimate isn’t solid evidence in a court of law. :innocent:

Considering the speeds a tug was fair enough and they were polite enough. Although suggesting a bike safe was a bit of a p*sstake.

No proper answer why the car I tailed wasn’t pulled yet I was. Found this which I guess explains.

Just waiting for Lizzie now…

1 Like

If I was a gambling man I’d wager the car driver is thinking pretty much the same.

1 Like

Thanks to all for making it an enjoyable day. Great to finally put some bugs on the beemer! Roads were fantastic, lecture less so but there you go. I think it was the marked bike and the parked up plain Volvo that gave our friend on the kawasaki a nod then “she” had to book some to catch up. Thanks again to Paul for the hospitality, hope to see you back on two wheels soon.

2 Likes

Thanks NT. All is so good I took an almost tour around Norfolk today. Almost around only because there was a closure in the middle of the A149. Some kind drivers also even helped me test my brakes.

Now comes the hard part of deciding what bluetooth to get. I like the Cardo best but cannot trust another one to not end up the same way.

We like Norfolk. For a full on mostly coastal ride head for Lowestoft and Gas Works Road where tucked away in a corner (it takes a bit of finding but worth it) you’ll find the most eastern cardinal point of the UK, an interesting curio especially if you ever want to try an IBA 4 corners ride. Another interesting curio is Nelsons (other) Column in Monument Square, Great Yarmouth and if its open offers a challenging spiral walk to the top with good views. John’s of Wells next to Sea for a comfort break and while you’re there nice creams. Then you have the dilemma of a sea food salad torpedo from the Crab Hut at Harbour Way, Brancaster or seaside fish n chips from Fischer’s behind The Green in Hunstanton . The A1065 takes you back towards London by way of Barton Mills where you’ll find the popular Walkers Burger Van for a not so greasy cheese burger, public toilets and a fuel stop all just before the A11 which leaves you with a 50+ mile, A11, M11 cruise back to London.

It may have been national Brake Test Day. I too had my brakes and reaction time tested, approaching Finchingfield a dozen cyclists ignored the STOP lines and signage and pulled out on me en mass. Had I been any less alert it would have been skittles with cyclists, at least the elder in their group had the decency to apologise.

1 Like

Woo, thankfully I am not the only one to think the Cardo has a stupid design flaw! Now if only we were Americans we could have done one of those class action lawsuits and got paid thousands in a settlement.

So instead I have lost £155 having ordered a Sena 20s from Louis, because somehow it costs less to buy from Germany even with all the Brexit fees. Although it would be nice to spend less to get the feature I want (automatic volume adjustment) without all the extra ones I do not (miles more intercom when I have never ridden with anyone else).

Anyway, I have been to that eastern point in Lowestoft, NT. Just off a roundabout on the A47, behind a Bird’s Eye factory I think. It was surprisingly underwhelming, just a big round thing on the floor. I would have expected them to make more of a feature of it. Cornwall makes a big deal of Land’s End, and there are bits of Scotland farther west.

I am usually put off of Norfolk because it does not feel far away yet is much farther east than you think. So you can do Weston-super-Mare in the same miles, but will all the lovely Wiltshire, Dorset, and Mendips in between. But without GPS audio I just wanted a nice simple route where I did not need to look at a screen. Got to sit on a beach at Hunstanton and Cromer, so cannot complain about that.

Useful practice too, as it was my longest ride since August Bank holiday 2019, because of my dad’s illness then my Covid isolation.

1 Like

I’ve been there. It literally is in an industrial estate, and the first time I was there the smell was incredible.