Need Nikon Help - Donington Park!

My D70 has water-damage after being caught out in a deluge during FP1 earlier today. It’s intermittently working. I’m hoping it’ll dry out sufficiently over night, but I’m not holding out for it.

If anyone is coming to Donington Park and has a Nikon body I can borrow, I’d be hugely greatful. I’ve since fashioned a protective shroud, so there won’t be any water-damage risk. There’s no pro-camera support outfit here (amazing considering how much media there is) so I’m quite probably stuffed coverage wise. £5k worth of lenses and no way to use them!

Luckily it held out for the John Hopkins interview we’ve just done.

put it in the airing cupboard at the top somewhere not some where hot as you dont want get condensation in it take what you can apart and leave it over night…

Jay, I won’t be down myself mate, but have you tried nobbling any other press folks…the Pros always have multiple bodies…you could try renting something from one of htem…it won’t be their best rig, but you never know…

Is Silver there at all? DOes he shoot Nikon.
I know ANdy’s Canon but he’s in Hungary so no help

Ginger pixie is coming down I reckon, but she may have already left…

Sorry I can’t be any more help…can you strip the body…beleive me, you’re in the best place in the world for people with “precision tools” at their beck and call…

Also…try a hair dryer on COOL…at a distance from the body…it might get her running again…

Good luck

Thanks fellas. I’ll let it dry overnight and if it’s still not playing ball in the morning I’ll speak to some other 'togs and see if I can come to some arrangement. Bummer, it’s already cost me £300 for the lens hire.

The hair dryer trick works well on wet electronics…Saved a few mobiles like that.

Luckily it’s working again this morning!

Phew! Great news