Need Advise....Burnout and tyres!

Hi Hennessy

Nice bike mate!!! have you had any problems with 014s?

Having ridden on Pirelli and Bridgestone would still say the Bridgestone gives more feel and confidence but it’s down to the individual. Few experience riders can push any of these tyres to the limits on the road and unless your being reall ham fisted whilst lent over neither will slide. Don’t under estimate Supermofo’s KTM (ask Andrew how fast it is)it mullers through the corners and is a good comparision when comparing tyres as the KTM rips up tyres more so than a sports 600.

Hey mate, cheers! Nice Gixxer you have there! None as of yet, they do stick really well… Only problem of course is it does take some time for them to heat up, but its not like I’m racing. Been a good tyre for me all round, includin the wet… The original tyres where Dunlop and what a pile of SH!T they really were! I would have gone for the Diablo Corsas, but due to insufficient funds I went with the BT014s… I feel I made a good choice!

-Hennessy

Don’t be presumptuous zx-6r, I wasn’t under estimating the ability of Supermofo’s KTM, I was clearly stating that the tyre TYPE is totally different for each range of bike… And depending on the person and their riding style the tyres will feel totally different also… so comparing a Bridgestone on the KTM with a Bridgestone on a Supersports, the outcome will probably be different!

-Hennessy

Hennessy, what i meant was, yes do need a good tyre, one that sticks well and gives me good grip. But im not going on a track, and will never use a tyre to its full capabilities so most makes will be sufficient. I was also referring to the diablos opposed to the corsas…will speak 2 the shop 2mrw…

Thanks for all ure opnions…

Then probably the BT014’s, each to their own! As the new Gixxer’s all have them tyres anyway. Just don’t mix and match! lol

-Hennessy

Cheers mate,

Dunlop sportmax?

I’m just a pirelli man i think the dealer may have had a bad bunch due to their high prices they can’t seem to shift them? Have You seen the apparent new R6

I had the Dunlop D208F’s, surprisingly the D207RR’s which I tested on a CBR600RR and they were rather good!

When I get a 750 or 1000cc I will probably dive into the more expensive brands and start racing more but for commutting and the occasional blast, going around places the BT014’s are lovely…

The Avon Viper’s are suppose to quite good as well, but knowing Avon from the past I might hesitate to try them out, lol!

Yea Im in too minds about the exhaust but the rest of it looks nice, still a great lover of my model anyway. Thou Shalln’t Not Be Tempted! lol

-Hennessy

The actual structure make up of the tyre is no different on the KTM to that on a supersports. Just the size is smaller ie the tyre on the KTM is exactly the same as the version used on supersports just smaller width. I have the same riding style whether ridding the KTM or my ZX6. I would say though that the KTM out of corners gives the tyre more abuse and thus is more likely to decrease the level of confidence you have. To me the Pirelli didn’t feel quite as stable when getting on the power kind of vague ish. The Pirelli does seem to warm up quicker than the 014 though. Then again personal preference I am a bridgestone man. Have been since I did the Ron haslam track day using the BT56’s and since then every other tyre I have ridden on just doesn’t feel quite right.

Whatever tyre you get mate (thenutz) I am sure you will be more than happy.

Your right though have ridden on Dunlops and hated them. Glad I didn’t buy my ZX6 brand new cause that was standard fitmen on them I rode on D207’s though and that was ages ago.

Supermofo had an Avon rear (not sure which one exactly) on his KTM Duke 2 and he used to be able to get the pegs down ( I know scary have you seen how high them pegs are?)he loved em but don’t think the sticky ones last long though

I know The structure is the same, being exactly the same tyre and all Maybe its me, It just feels different to me and is probably because the tyre is thinner and I’m not in such of a racing position… Im a Supersports kinda guy anyway! lol

What Avon was it, because some of the older models were absolute rubbish… I was talking to Duke, at Dukes Mobile Tyres at the Ace Cafe and he said he would never get another Avon. Hes exact words:

“They asked me to go round the track to test the new Avon’s out, do you know what I said? Who the Fk do you think I am, Avons are St!” lmao Had me rollin up!

-Hennessy

It’s weird riding on thinner tyres too they drop over and steer at lot faster strange to get used to when you have been riding on supersports tyres for a while (180/190 section). Add that to the motards quick steering anyway and you do have a package that takes a while to get used to.

I came from non sports bikes before the age of 18 and when I first rode a sports bike I found the handling so weird took ages to get used to it properly. Used to it now of course but at first the differences are huge.

Can’t remeber what Avon he had to be honest I am sure he will read this tomorrow and tell you. I do remember seeing him going round roundabouts with the pegs down and thats sme feat with pegs that high. I think it was some very sticky Avon hence why it didn’t last long.

However when he sold the Duke 2 and brought the new motard he got the same Avon tyre for the rear and it chewed it in 1500 miles and he said that it didn’t feel as good as on the Duke 2.

Nay, I live in Ealing.

I was nr Brent Cross when surfed net and found 'em.

Personally, I don’t think the majority of us really can tell the finer differences of the tyres. Remember we are not normally testing factory fresh tyres - we wear down one set to the limit then bang on a new set. The bike is always gonna feel different then and valid comparisons are difficult.

Avons do seem to have a dodgy rep, I doubt any other big player makes a shonky tyre, to be honest, and Continental… mebbe I’m the first!!

Check the tyre place, see what they say. You’ll be ok I reckon no matter.

Hye guys thanks for all the advise.

Ghostie - Yes thats a good price, but i put a deposit down on a tyre today which will be here 2mrw morning…next time ill keep ma bikes in mind. P.s. i saw u stunting a little while back and u were awesome!

Ive ended up getting everything sorted round my end and have done my burnout link below:

https://www.bris.ac.uk/fluff/u/ag3418/dAycHBAdnQ8KRbLY_hRCHwg1/

or

http://media.putfile.com/Burnout67

If i dont end up getting sorted by wed evening gonna have to give the rideout a miss :frowning:

Here is the tyre after:

Nice one. Like the cough and “that’s it” although “that’s a wrap” would’ve been my choice

Why didn’t you go to the ride in ride out jobby I mentioned? Seems so little hassle, I’m curious - not humped about it tho…

What d’you go for in the end ?

Im going to that place tomorrow, but they were sold of that tyre (i called in advance u see :slight_smile: ) so will be here tomorrow…then ride in ride out.

Was def worth doing that burnout…not ever doing one again on the new tyre!

LOL

Only burnouts that I want to try are the Rossi ones at 100+ exiting hairpins!!

LOL

Only burnouts that I want to try are the Rossi ones at 100+ exiting hairpins!!