Need advice bike not turning over

What could damage a relay as we replaced it with a different one. My friend said check for ohms along wiring to find any drop

to which point of fucking the bike up completely are you going to take it to a professional mechanic? :smiley:

[quote] From what you say there; it sounds like the starter relay is duff. But there's some better mechanics here that can confirm such suspicions. --- Abzero [/quote]

What could damage a relay as we replaced it with a different one. My friend said check for ohms along wiring to find any drop

SamanthaVassallo
What your friend is saying is to check continuity (i.e resistance or ohms.) So you put the probes at either end of the wire and check that the resistance is a suitable low figure, if it is infinite then the wire is broken.

Btw, stupid question; but there’s no inter-locks which are stopping it starting? (like the clutch being held down switch?) 

Can you push start it? You might be able to get it to a professional mechanic to figure the actual problem out.

[quote] From what you say there; it sounds like the starter relay is duff. But there's some better mechanics here that can confirm such suspicions. --- Abzero [/quote]

SamanthaVassallo
if you replaced the relay with one that's not rated the same you will & can burn it out

you can also burn out a relay if your starter is fucked or you keep trying on the starter button

to get it started bridge the relay & see if the bike starts (make sure the ignition is on & the bike isn’t in gear

How will I get it there since it won’t start. Has the RAC man or last night ams he thinks it is the starter relay. So getting one tomorrow.

10 out of 10 to RAC man it was starter relay. I was sold one that wasn’t compatible.new one arrived fitted and now turns over. I’ve not got it started yet but closer.

The RAC man didn’t get it running?

No. He diagnosed it was the relay. But when he bi passed the relay it still didn’t start. So the relay arrived today. Fitted it now turns over but dosent start. Appears to be no spark. So now need to check the ignition coils and if they are fine then something might be wrong with cdi. But because it’s a chopd bike maybe a wire from the unit has come loose disconnected. So need wiring for cdi. Unless you have some suggestion

You need a structured approach, work back from the spark.

I fixed. it was a wire from the ignition coil had come loose from cdi unit.replaced some of the connectors and the beast fired up.