Need advice bike not turning over

Hi I have a suzuki 1100 gsx chopper been starting it regular and then the other night I went to start it and the fuel had been left on and had leaked down over the starter. With out thinking the key was turned in the ignition.we heard a clicking noise then nothing. The wire got hot that goes to the startery and the relay. I can’t get it to do anything now not a sound. The power seems fine in the battery all the lights work. Changed the fuses. But I’m not very good with a multi meter. Can anyone give me some guidance please. Thank u

My first thought is that your starter motor is shorted out due to the fuel but that’s just a guess. 

If you’re getting no clicking anymore then you might have burnt out your starter solenoid, I’d check that first.

What’s the best way to check. Thanks

You could have a seized starter
The clicking is the starter solenoid cutting in and out

Where did the fuel leak from ? If its leaked fromthe carb/airfilter area it may have filled the cylinders with fuel and hydrolocked the engine !

I wonder why the fuel has leaked from just being left on? Have you checked your carbs if applicable, perhaps the floats are stuck.

I also agree with Wise, maybe the starters stuck - did you crank it for a long time? - Try giving the starter a whack.  Can sometimes get it moving again to make contact 

It’s not been given a good run since September so I think the flats might be sticking. We took the spark plugs out and wheeled it back and forth.  Changed the oil as a little fuel was in there. Hit the starter but done know how hard I shold whack it. Spanner or hammer lol. Just got a starter relay as no sound being made. Got a new battery on stand by too.

It’s a 2001 chopper so carbs leak if tap left on. Fault of the tap.

It’s a 2001 chopper so carbs leak if tap left on. Fault of the tap.

if that’s the case it sounds like the fuel has leaked into the cylinder head, flooded the bores and got down into the sump too.

Fully charge the battery. Remove, clean and inspect the spark plugs. Clear the bores of any flooded fuel and re-fit the spark plugs. Remove, clean, inspect, test and refit the starter motor. Re-new the engine oil and filter, replace the faulty fuel cock and Sarah’s you’re Auntie. A workshop or maintenance manual maybe your best friend.

If it still fails to start follow the step by step logical sequence for a ‘no crank no start’ or ‘cranking no start’ as appropriate in the trouble shooting guide at the back of the manual.

Does the engine turn when pushed …t engage top gear ignition off and push hardand fast then release clutch … if wheellocks up completely then repeat with plugs out

I’ve removed wd40 ignition button. Removed and wd40 cables to relay starter reconnected. Removed and cleaned spark plugs before refitting. Changed oil. It now clicks but no start so charging battery. When power sent straight to relay it clicked and turned starter over. Fingers crossed I’ve sorted problem.

I've removed wd40 ignition button. Removed and wd40 cables to relay starter reconnected. Removed and cleaned spark plugs before refitting. Changed oil. It now clicks but no start so charging battery. When power sent straight to relay it clicked and turned starter over. Fingers crossed We've sorted problem. SamanthaVassallo
Fixed ;-)

It tried to turn over and then stopped. It now clicks from the relay. Frustrated. Someone mentioned check the ground to the engine.

Tried this but no change.

The ground wire is attached. There is power going to the relay but it drops power when it goes to the starter.

When you say there’s power to the relay; but drops when it goes to the starter. What are you checking and where?

I wired the battery direct to starter ams it turned over. So does that mean starter ok. Relay clicks when ignition pressed. I put Multimeter on relay terminals before pressing start button. Then multimeter on starter connector and negative of battery. Us that right.

From what you say there; it sounds like the starter relay is duff. But there’s some better mechanics here that can confirm such suspicions.