Need a new lid. What are your recommendations?

You’d be better off going to a few shops and trying on some helmets to see which fit you best and make a short list, then ask LBers their opinions of the lids. Lids from the same manufacturers won’t all fit the same (I find the Shark S500 very comfy but can’t get on with some of their other lids).
Had an AGV Stealth before the Shark, bloody awful lid - very noisy, not enough vision to the side and misted up at the slightest hint of cold weather despite having vents, and it cost twice as much as the Shark.

Try the Scorpion Range, personally I’ll not buy another brand again. I’ve got the Scorpion 1000, their top of the line model. It’s got internal sun visor and inflateable cheak pads, to give that perfect fit every time.

They also do a flip front that can convert into an open face if you want.

I’ve had the Schubert C2, and a Shark Evoline. Both ok but compared to the Scorpion rather heavy.

Whatever you do, don’t get a Shark Evoline. The visor sticks down and you need two hands to lift it, which is not ideal when it mists up in traffic. Apparently they rectified the fault with the Evoline 2 and offered a free upgrade to owners of the original… but you try getting a dealer to go for that…

Why do you want a flip type helmet? Smoker?

I just always shudder at the thought of binning it with the lid up, I’ve grown rather attached to my chin.

Hels

have a look at the Nolan N90S, flip front, not too heavy, decent sized shell ie not HUGE like most flip lids!

also N90 is tested as an open face lid as well as a full face, as you can lock the flip so it stays open, has an internal SV too, and decent venting.

if your feeling flush get a Shoei Multitec:)

dont get a Caberg, there **** :smiley:

I just picked up a Caberg Ego from Infinity’s in Clapham for 90 quid!

They’re usually £115 but I traded in a 5 year old cheap’o helmet I bought for £50 and got £25 off…

It’s a great lid! Flip down inner sun visor, pinlock, weights about 1500g grams and it’s got a wicked ventillation system!