Need a little help picking a bike.

This is the kind of thing im looking for! Thanks NumNum

I need to pass mod1 and mod2 (which i’m booking tomorrow as its a birthday present :D)
Then i’ll sell the YBR and get the ball rolling :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the help dudes!

/thread

totally understandable…i remember being 18 with no credit history and getting offers soon as i turned 18 thankfully i had reasonable common sense and steered clear.

anyways i’m sure you’ll find a half reasonable bike in that price range,dont want nothing too fancy to start with,personally your best bet is to steer away from the 125/250 2stroke they are more of a toy than everyday bike unless you have deep pockets to keep it in fine fettle.

early to late 90’s 250/400 fourstroke will fit your budget

^ give you a idea what the old cbr 250’s go like it’s a damn shame bat mc’s have gone from biggin hill as they always had fresh stock from japan with a cheap price tag

That is probably one of the most idiotic things I’ve ever heard.

You plan on buying a **** heap to spend cash on fixing it up? Why not spend £1800 on a bike that works. I would understand if you had thorough mechanical knowledge and produced beauties like Conrad B or Matt.

There are plenty cheap insurance 600cc bikes for £1800… If you want to save cash get a bike that has a CAT C or D marker on it like this low mileage example - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-FZS600-Fazer-/251055555018?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item3a7413c1ca#ht_686wt_1185

Your choice and cash I guess.

I wa referring to cosmetic damage getting re-painted and the like.

good find numnum i’d be all over that if i was columbo:D

Have a look on Bike Trader …

I selected >200cc <500cc and 33bhp and it came up with 107 bikes, worth a trawl for ideas. If you don’t like the offerings tweak the tick boxes. I’d avoid 125’s as to get them to 33 bhp they have to be in such a state of tune reliability suffers. Look at 250 to 500 cc machines restricted to 33 bhp to whet your appetite.

inter webby linky here

cosmetics are overrated…

my bike has masking tape holding together a cracked panel since last August. The OMC must use only the best quality masking tape as I have not changed it and ridden in rain, sleet and snow… I was supposed to take the panel to matt to get it fixed properly but I kinda forgot and the masking tape finally has a place in my heart now :smiley:

Buy a bike that works, don’t spend money tarting it up because you’ll only drop it or come off at some point and that will be money down the drain. Have a few offs first, get your riding in check and then start worrying about having an immaculate bike.

But what do I know… I’ve only been riding two years and am still in the dropping/ coming off zone! :smiley:

well said Alex …i always got told when i was younger you cannot ride till you’ve fallen off a few times :laugh:

:slight_smile:
Thanks Dan!

^^ No probs mate :slight_smile:

decided you don’t want my fazer then? did I tell you I have the restrictor kit for it already?

No but in fairness the fact that it needs a top end rebuild kinda put me off.

understandable, but then I’m not asking a lot for it

What about a Honda BROS 400? Bang on the money at 33bhp IIRC. Tidy-ish ones can be had for a grand. From the golden era of honda build quality too.

I think Boris on here has a BROS with about 5million miles on it…

and he’s selling it soon too