NEC Bike show

Me and Jools are going on the 5th, but only because we’re off to the Chris Jones awards dinner that evening :
http://www.cjnine.com/events.php?id=77

Me and Miss Vanda are going up on the 6th :slight_smile:

Need a motorcross lid and goggles :smiley: Foound the one i want :slight_smile: PLus i wanna go see all the adventure stands.

Im going on the 6th, its the best day to go to get a realy good bargain.

Dnt know how long most of you have been going to this but i have for a while same as the dirtbike show seeing as i live so close to them both. In some ways its not as good as it used to be many moons ago but in others its alot better. There is even a dedicated offroad section aparently.

For those who fancy abit of offroading, providing it aint a saturday that you go there is a supercross track you can go and have a play on. Im going up early doors on the 6th so i can get my name down for all the events, ie supercross and mini moto. If anyone fancies meeting up give us a pm and i’ll chuck ya me num. I should be meeting SeismicRaptor there too and maybe a couple of others if they get there ass into gear, MD :w00t::hehe:

Also if you are goin on the sunday and want your name putting down for sumat i’ll do it for ya if you cant get there early and well providing they let me ofcourse. I’ll be going on my bike too, managed to rope a mate into going up in his car so i can stick what ever i buy in it :D:cool:

12 of us are going on the monday 30th on the happy bus,should be fun:D

Friday for me. :slight_smile:

im not going but the secruity passrs look good if i may say so:D

Looking to go on the 6th with a friend. Want to look at trackers, sat navs, some more gloves (I only have one pair of armoured and take an XS so bugger to find any I like) and speak to some suppliers about custom made leathers.

Lots of Lycra :smiley:

A dodgey burger for far too much money… :sick:

Is that this friday?

Unable to make up one’s mind wether to go or not.:doze:

Yes, we’re going this Friday :slight_smile:

If anyone is planning on going but hasn’t bought their tickets yet - you’ve got until 5pm tomorrow to buy at the promotion prices.

£15 for just entry - £17 with three neckbands (and I’m sure you’ll all agree the Batman ones are the way to go :D)

After 5pm tomorrow - you may as well pay on the door - £17 with no neckband.

What’d everyone who went today think/buy then?Bargains a plenty or run of the mill shop prices? :slight_smile:

theres not as many bargins as you would like, but you do save a bit of money on everything. I bought new boots (sidi’s) and gloves as both needed replacing after a recent off.

Then just bits and bobs.

Lots of nice bikes to look at, and theres lots of useless tat and even people trying to sell you new energy suppliers - WHY LET THEM HAVE A STALL???

I also met charlie borman and got him to sign 3 of his books and was actually pretty chuffed about it,plus there was an auction of lots of BSB gear which was signed. Very interesting.

Worth going i would say.

We got there when it opened and was still there at closing, could’ve done with a couple more hours and replenished feet! :smiley:

There’s plenty to see and do, Honda was the only noticeable missing dealer but that didn’t bother me as I had no interest in seeing them :stuck_out_tongue: I never go expecting big deals, there’s a few bargains but not many, so don’t be too disappointed. We had particular people to see so spent time at their stands talking.

Bumped into a few forum friends whose opinions of the show differed somewhat lol.

Not only are there 2 main halls, make sure you go and check out the MotoX hall. Also chill out watching the mini motos and karts, the little kid on the mini moto is fun to watch terrorising the adults on the course :D:D:D There’s also the Wall of Death and Free Style MX Show (this will cost you admittance though),to see.

All in all we had a very good productive day. :slight_smile:

All in all not a bad day. I was initially a little disappointed with the show but the more you venture round the more you actually get to see and as Ang said the only noticable absenti was Honda, which also didn’t bother me that much either:) I hadn’t been to the NEC show for a couple of years, so maybe my expectations where a little higher than most but saying that i did get all i went there for and that in my books is a result;)

I was a litle disapointed with the Ducati stand, they only had 2 bikes on show, but then i was told it was probably the only 2 they could get started:w00t: I did find myself though taking more interest in the BMW stand than i thought was healthy, must be my age:D

Still worth the visit and you never know you may find a bargain or 2.