ne old skool fans

we used to go them! around 95 i think. that was well good popping out for a bit of fresh air when things got a bit hot and confusing :wink:

yeah thast true you wont have got he same vibe in 98 as you would have the first time round in the early 90’s.(the pills were very difrent:P )

yah roller, not 98 tho! way before that!! 93-94?

DnB was born around 95-96?, well jump up as they called it, i alwasy regarded 93-94 to be the jungle years, but i go with what your saying, your older than me!:smiley: yah i know of ratty, my mate plays on kool fm. think he might have MC’ed for ratty, he does for fabio, did for grooverider too.

yup i know of lazerdrome, now that was a moody venue!:w00t:

man i aint been out since NYE, going out in july, nbig DnB and Dubstep night:cool:

Sincere…

‘step to riddim its made of brown paper, sounds of a difrent nature’ got love roni size, my mates MC’ed with dynamite of reprezent aswell:D

you guys remeber HEATv FEVER!!!

JUNGLE FEVER!!! koooooooooool fm!!

1997 was a good year for me in relation to D&B - some really hot things out at that point. Nicky Blackmarket often gave a good set at Heat.Still to this day love Chopper - still makes me head nodd. Hype is my all time DJ.

My fav mc’s were (& still are) Stevie Hyper D & Shabba & Fats.

cheeky :stuck_out_tongue:

it was moody but it was good. really volatile atmosphere. aggressive and high energy but wicked! we loved it up there. people went to express themselves and let go. not act tough and sell moody pills. remember the tunnels and how the bass rolled through. blokes slapping the walls in appreciation. getting lost on the walkways… amazing. but yeah a lot of people started getting mugged there. never really saw it tho. was just stories at the time.

remember once my mate had bought a blackcurrant frozen cup drink. he was trying to get it out the cup, you know squash it at the bottom so it pushes it up? all of a sudden it shot out and hit this rudeboy in the back. left a nice purple mark on his white ralph lauren shirt! :w00t:

it shut around 96 or so i think then re-opened about 98? something like that. we went up there and they’d taken all the tunnels and walkways out. it was rubbish. about 25 people in there. that dog had well and truly had it’s day. would hate to think how it’d be now-a-days. but there again has peckham changed or have i just got wiser???

imagine this ratty, ÂŁ15 for an e :hehe:

one for you jungle heads :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/v/S3PZqDWxrvo&hl=en

oh yesh sincere

met fats, top fella, a different MC, hyper d…legend…

shabba…yeah hes ok…for me i love MC moose, wicked style.

Zinc is my fave dj, him and Mampi Swift:cool:

nicky b and hyper d jungle sets…classic!!

haha sounda about right! i used to and still do slap teh wall for me rewind!!:D:P bbbbrap!!
clubs/venues are never teh same once they close and re-open, i was a bagleys kid for a while, thats gone now…

hope your mate just ducked and dissapeared into the crowd!!:w00t:

do you remeber labrynth on dalston lane??
15quid!! pah sod that!:smiley:

Roller Express, went to a few nights there in the early 90s must have been 16 or something, Elevation, can’t remember the names of the other ones !
Always seemed to remember a raver in a wheelchair was there.
Micky Mills weren’t the cheapest back then, bout 15 quid a pop ! But the quality was gooood, Dennis the Menace, Snowballs, Rhubarb and Custard !

I had a load of vinyl, then after I’d drifted out of the scene sold the lot of em for 50 quid and half a ounce of green.

I see MC Shabba getting a mention - is this the same one that was on Defection FM 89.4 ? He used to get right on my tits, wouldn’t shut up over the music. Other stations I used to listen to:
Kool
Weekend Rush
Pulse FM
Chillin’ FM
… were loads more, can’t remember then now tho !

MixMasterMax , did you ever hear him scratching the Pacman tune ? He’d scratch it but still maintain the tempo, if you know what I mean ? Fkn quality !

yes ratty club labyrinth! never went there though. few mates did but it was one of them places (like the astoria) i never seemed to end up at :crying:

mark!!! the fella in the wheelchair!!! i remember him! at least i think i do :hehe: remember people complaining at the time of him running your feet over! yeah they may have been ÂŁ15 but they were the real thing. original. sounds like you could be regretting selling your tunes mate. big money now-a-days :crying:

check this site out guys, think you’ll like it :cool:

http://www.jungletekno.co.uk/mixes.php

the pacamn tune, was that ‘powerpill’??? :hehe: :w00t: :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/v/kjEDX-2M7Qk&hl=en

Fookn hell mate that site looks awesome !!! Nice one :smiley:
Some downloading for me tonight I think !!

Yeah, I know the vinyl is probably worth a few quid now, didn’t think about it at the time :rolleyes:

wish i had kept my told jungle tapes now :o(

am defo on a D&B tip now guys :smiley:

might have some, i know my mates have got OLD mixes on there ipods, we see what ratty can do!:smiley:

love da DnB! maybe we could organise a night out to a good DnB club…

went to fabric this time last year and it was heeeeeeving and it was litterally shoulder to shoulder dancing

:hehe:

yeah fabric gets a bit rammed! i first went there in 2000, twas a wicked club, still is if a little busy!The End is a good venue-Ram Records nights are good:cool:or if we can get a few peeps that are up for it we could go to my mates night hes playing, Rupture at SEone, its DnB and Dubstep night, i may be able to sort out cheap entry too:D

COME ON ! Wot a thread !!

Manage to find a file on my PC with Mixmaster Max doing the live scratch thing on the Powerpill track download this and he does it from about 12 mins to 15 mins. Takes balls to do that live !!!
He used to do some crazy sh!t on the decks on Defection fm.

Would love to do a retro night out, tricky though cos I would have to find a babysitter for the weekend for the little 'un, don’t think I could handle her on a Sunday with no sleep after getting proper mangled :crazy:
They were advertising a FREE one a couple of months back, (think it was at the Ministry of Sound) all the big names from the old day were there. :w00t: oh how I wished I didn’t have responsibilities sometimes :doze:
On a seperate note, can everyone remember the Long Dark Tunnel / 21 seconds track the first time they heard it with the bass turned up full ? :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Let me know if U need any old tunes i’ve got 200 GB of d’n’b, Old Skool & Jungle :)Is any one here on dc++? Im @ UKDNB & Old Skool Arena.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5dea_91jxfM :smiley: ‘original ses’ proper jungle!for mark 31 seconds…i felt that…

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5dea_91jxfM one of my all time fave DnB tunes…roni size’s ‘watching windows’ dj die remix, listen to the drop…ad teh vocal…love it!!http://www.youtube.com/v/ZDYZYa6-I40&hl=en"></param><param http://www.youtube.com/v/ZDYZYa6-I40&hl=en

Rufige Kru - Terminator

A fkn classic - I loved it back in the day. My mate had it on vinyl too and we’d do this thing with them on the decks, playing both at the same time and play with the pitch control, made some wicked effects :w00t:
(RIP DJ Kemistry)

Haven’t used DC++ for a few years, might have to take you up on that one at some point. My bandwidth tonight is chokka with leeching the website adrock posted earlier, I’m planning to upload them onto cheap hosting at some point so as not to take the **** with the original site, will let you know once I have done that :wink: