my ouch is more ouch than yours

It was a ‘Webley Senior’ which had the barrel on top, which you cocked to compress the piston. My mate had managed to fire it, but the clip hadn’t engaged properly so the barrel flew forward, bending it. I’d stuck a screw driver between the barrel and the piston and was trying to squeeze them together to straighten it out again. I must have stuck my thumb in the trigger guard. The barrel eventually straightened enough for it to click home.
Then the trigger went ‘click’.
‘Phut’!
Then I started screaming.

It hurt like hell, but pulling it out hurt more!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I know I shouldn’t laugh, I don’t even want to imagine the pain, but that is a quality injury :smiley:

crashed my bike a few times, ouch.

dislocated my collor bone playing volly ball

Seriously Haggis, thats possibly the most awesome self-inflicted injury ever. I used to have a Webley Senior as well… great fun and the darts were awesome. Certainly wouldn’t want to be shot with one at close range and even more so not in the baws…

Great effort… good thing it wasn’t a 12-bore or you’d have been up for a Darwin award for removing yourself from the gene pool!

Amazing how many soldering iron injurys theres been! I was doing some soldering years ago when I raced R/C cars, I fitted a new plug but broke the back of the plug so used it anyway - went to unplug but didnt switch off at the mains so grabbed a handful of 240v instead.

Got shot in the face by a Webley gun aswell at close range by a mate who thought it was empty, bb went through my lip and my gum but missed all my teeth and nerves luckily enough!

i had a Saturday job in a domestic appliance repair shop when i was 16, i didnt realise that microwaves store energy even when they arent plugged in, I grabbed this block inside it to lift it up and the shock chucked me across the room! Must have been quite funny to watch :smiley:

Rolled my 1st car, clipped a kerb, car span, hit lamp post - full tank of petrol split as i hit a telegraph pole and I ended up going down the road upside down and rolling through someones garden coming to a stop upside down with my head squashed between the steering wheel and the roof!

Few things since but nothing major :cool:

Nov 5th about 5 years ago we had a bonfire in our garden…it had rained incessantly for about 3 weeks…the wood was wet…we did everything we could to start it all to no avail…anyway we eventually got a gallon of petrol, I poured it on the fire and gary my ex employee put a match to it on the other side and boom, the petrol can and bonfire exploded…I was srtill holding the petrol can…the xplosion blew me about 20 feet, but as I rotated I hit the fence with a nail sticking out, which proceeded to cut my face from my eye to my throat as I fell on it…7 internal stitches and 5 external stitches, missed the eye by 1/4 inch and I have a fine epee scar to prove it…cant really see it these days with all the lines and other scars of life…Funny bit was we were having a party and one of the girlies I was intent on bedding though it was a joke scar until i went to the doctors…and then once stitched the doctor asked me to come back in 3 weeks…

I said what for, he said to remove the stitches, again I said what for…who in hells name cant remove a few stitches without wasting the doctors time…

I did see him again but that was for him to put in some more stitches where a tree hit me but thats another story…

I’ve done that. I was wiring up a christmas tree plug. Plugged it in to test it but hadn’t replaced the back so grabbed all the points when I tried to unplug it again :pinch:

Electric’s are a no no wiv me lol i moved into a mates house while he was away on an oil rig he had just started installing a new kitchen,i found a copper wire poking out the wall wondered wot it was so i grabbed hold of it…Wrong thing to do:hehe: it threw me across the kitchen and bust me collarbone as i smashed into the stairs!:pinch:

Came off my mountain bike whilst hurtling down a wooded hill at over 30mph. Had to rebuild most of my right shoulder and have some tasty scars.Sliced off most of one finger in my left hand which was holding a slice of bread I was buttering using a fish filleting knife.

Broke my right ankle when I was catapulted off a ladder when I was electrocuted. Not sure if the break hurt more or the 30 foot I was thrown through the air.

Lots of ligament damage to the left ankle when I went slidy down a road and used a astra to stop me.

Broken most of the fingers on my hands at one time or another boxing. Both my index fingers run at funny angles.

Broke ribs diving for cover when coming underfire from my wife whilst paintballing. Still managed to nail her with a nice shot in the middle of the head, despite having the wind blown out of me.

The funny thing is; is I am not at all clumsyHad the clear skin of my right eye sliced open, then smelt and tasted my eyeball burning as it got lazered. A very surreal, clockwork orangesque experience.

I’m quite accident prone but as a general rule I seem to walk away without any serious long term damage. It all started before I was born, mum had a car accident (driving a old mini) whilst 7 months pregnant and wrapped the stearing wheel round the bump (me) - was very touch and go. I’m not sure the rest of the story is true so won’t add it here.

Got run over outside my house by a speeding car when I was little.

Got run over on a pedestrian crossing on the way home from primary school.

Broken fingers and toes and a cracked coccyx (OUCHOUCHOUCHOUCH) at karate. Never managed to break my nose (despite people trying) but have come close to having my jaw broken in competition a couple of times.

Multiple car accidents as a passenger and minor bumps/knocks on the bike.

Got speared side-on by a car in a multiple vehicle crash on the A2, nearly put my head through the side window and tore all the muscles in my neck and shoulder (this one still hurts even after the nerves have been blocked).

Got wiped out on the bike by a learner who didn’t know how to stop the car (unaccompanied crazy woman), the only real damage from that was the point of impact with the car- again nerve damage is the only thing left.

Also done the usual stuff… cutting part of the tip of my thumb off with a stanley knife, catching hot or sharp things, cutting through wires that were still live… (think that might have been my ex trying to kill me :crazy: )

BTW the smell during laser eye surgery is the same as burning fingernails :wink:

Wrenched shoulder and ‘pelvis’ during a ‘Welsh Fest’ getting my knee down on a mini-moto, in a field of wet grass and horse shyte.

“Hahahha, look at me! I can get my knee down anywhere! Watch I’ll do it again. Whoops, ooya!” grass/sky/grass/bike/face full of previously mentioned.

But I have great mates, wee Johnny decided to try too and ended up with a red hot exhaust on his leg before he managed to kick the bike off him and Foo managed to high side and landed back on the bike, cracking two of her ribs. Mal got too close with his camera and get a mouthful of horse poo fired straight at his epiglottis for his trouble. As he was puking up the 7 pints he’d already downed, another mate grabbed his camera to film him.

I won’t embarrass anyone with the tales of being flipped of a 25 year old horse (esp. as I was one of them). Suffice to say you can do 1.5 somersaults from 5ft up :hehe:

You bunch of wimps!

I gave birth on my hallway floor (was a rush job!) with no medical support and no pain meds, only Ian on the phone to 999 who thought it was a hoax call!!

I win! :w00t:

come on then show us the scar

OK, i didnt think ahead, and didnt see that one coming…:wink:

haha well get this my old pimped up scooter some of you may have seen the wire was madness but did you no when i 1st started i didnt have a clue about circuits.

well anyway i put my 1st neon on feeling very chuffed with myself and wanted a switch on so i didnt kill my battery at the time i didnt no that if you put the two possotives on one side of the switch and two negatives on the other side it would short circuit i shout have listend in school well any way sizzzzzzzleeee

smoke and melting wire :open_mouth: oh S**Tim gona set fire to my new ped was my first reaction so i manualy disconected the wire (with my bear hands) which didnt work because the wires burnt out anyway i thought cor that was hot :S looked at my had ohh theres lots of melted platic on my hand :open_mouth:

WAIT A MINUITE thats not plastic THATS MY SKIN!! you should have seen my face drop ARGHHHHHHH MUM GET THE ICEE!!! it hurt for weeks after i couldnt get my bike glove on without it hurting and you should have seen me trying to break LOL but my neons worked so i was chuffed.

OH also i swalloed a nail and feel off a bouncy castel right at the top and was in a neck brace.

Feel off my skates on a bridge and pushed my shatterd wrist bone out of my skin eew

Swallowed a pot of dog ear tabblets when i was younger ohhh and almost killed myself drinking to much whiskey i had to be carried and put in the bath it was scary i couldnt move :S

and im only 17 so im sure lots more to come.

Broke wrist and dislocated collar bone in a car accident 14 years ago. Every 6 months or so my back goes out as a result of the accident and i spend 2 weeks in bed unable to move. They still cant stabilise the damned collar bone. Mind you it aint popped for about a year and a bit recently so i’m counting my blessings.

Ive done the pecker in fly incident and ended up with some nasty infection that scared the doctors into jacking me to the nines with god knows what and a night in hospital :o Everythings fine down there now it was a long time ago :wink: yeoch that hurt.

Finally I got assaulted my a mosquito one summer in Bath when I was asleep. By 10am the next day I was in anofilapitic-whatever-it-is shock and spent two days in hospital. The endless uncontrollable shaking was real wierd.

Thats about it for me so far not bad for 33 years!

R

Touch wood

If no one else has something to contribute, I’ll begin the litany of broken nose stories! :w00t: