My new bike!!

so here she is… GSXR 750… street fighter

Just kiddin…

Had some work to do on the front end and its always easyer to take the nose right off…

Front wheel removal tool made by welding to plug sockets together.

That wheel is filthy ay?

Removing Discs, lossening bolts slowly in criss cross patten… not that it matters that much as i “probably” will never use the Discs again…

Look how much crud is on the back of the disc!! theres so much crap on the bobins i dout there “floating” discs anymore!!

Disc Mounting surfaces were grime covered and furry, stained from winters use…

Cleaned up with 1200 grit papper…

These little babys are replacing the shagged discs, EBC PRO-LITES…

While Iv got the wheel out its a chance to get some ACF-50 where the sun dont shine to much…

Re set the fork drop threw the yokes Also, The standard Is 5mm mine where set at 8.5 ish… but after changing the head race bearings and re tightening them a few times as they beded in it was measureng 12mm drop thew yokes !!!

Truning in way to fast for road use, the slightest gust of wind would blow you a few feet across the road as even the smallest of inputs to the bars had a large efect.

So back to 8.5…

Ish…

Thread lock a no brainer for the disc bolts as the go back in…

The end result black tokicos and EBC Prolite discs, looks nice err and works nice to!!..

specially with this at the other end, Brembo 19x18…

And errrmm the most important performance up grade of the whole braking system…

PINK RESERVOIR HOSE !!! muhhhaaaa bike bling lol

very nice work matey! well mines having some treatment too, not saying too much, hehe, but i shall be cleaning everything!!!

Who`s a clever boy then.

Nice one Adz

All you need to do now is fit Blue and White Bodywork

Only just noticed your bit about having a van.

Wish I’d seen it last weekend as I had a mare picking my new one up

Ever tried getting van insurance on a Sunday?..lol

nice one adz! i’ll be leaving mine with you then when i go back to baghdad!!

Very nice Adam! Great photos as well. I’m interested to see how the brakes come along with the new discs. You’ve spent a fair bit of time there, I don’t think most of us could be bothered!

Yeah jay, well fiddling is almost as much fun as riding

Havent put front back on the bike but went for a spin in fighter mode, pads not beded in but braking was still naughty…

Nice work Adz.

Top job Adz, looks lovely now

Is that Brembo brake cylinder 2nd hand?

I now know where to bring my bike when i change the front end around.

Catch up soon dude

Nice one mate!

Looking good…Those EBCs definitely sharp up the braking…I’ll have to have a go to see if I want them on mine

Shure mate no problem…

Its a bit over kill and takes a bit of geting used to. feels sweet though.

You find the back wheel coming of the ground very easy even at 100mph plus…

Yeah killer it was an e bay job, 120 quid with banjo bolt presure switch and reservoir.

The whole lot was ebay besides the discs, got them from a lad off gixer junkies, 140 quid.

nice work mate, when the hell did you get a sunny day to do that?!

Ahhh…I love finding bargains on ebay.

Just bought a brand new Sharp MiniDV camcorder for my trip…Unopened, unused clearance stock sold by a shop on ebay £89

lovin the res pipe .nice 1

Nice stuff. Always nice to have a fettle on a sunny day. Brembo m/c was always my first move on the Gixer when looking at mods.

Tempted to get a naked bike myself this summer…

I wouldn’t have thought you get much performance upgrade from changing OEM to an aftermarked steel rotter. The business end is going to be the callipers, master cylinder and brake fluid. Just changing the DOT 4 can make your brakes feel rock hard again.

Looks good, nice to freshen everything up again.

Well the EBC discs were fooked so they went back and these German ABM waves have gone on…

There a little strange coz the bobbins are held on with clips instead of rivits like EBC and standard ones.

They make a rattling sound over bumps !!

But they work nice and come with gemrman TUV street legal certificate which is the tuffest in the world.

Two of these discs seem to weigh the same as the EBC’s …

nice and light…

They look nice…

Even better in the flesh! Nice one Adz…