My GF hates my bike...

Glad to hear that some of the ladies understand our passion for all things on 2 wheels!Here’s one of us shortly after we got married last June - it was riding that hired '66 Bonnie that helped make the day so special for me…

You can keep your Gixers and them other modern bikes - I like them older & slower, with bags more character. Each to their own!

Oi! Careful with the Honda comments:P

Anyway it should always be bike first…even if it is an old Gixxer as they still look nice in my mirrors:w00t:
then everything else after that, my wife knows this, it is the way of the biker.

This threads been going for a while and I still don’t understand it.

You may be married (or a variation on that) but your still two individuals with your own likes and dislikes. If you agreed on absolutely everything, life would be a real bore.

Bikes is personal. You like it, she doesn’t. So what?

Not exactly the most important thing in a marriage.

Just agree to disagree. Mrs. O and I have managed that for 35 years without major trauma. (She may have had a decent point with the loco street moto I bought as a 60th birthday present to myself, but sod it. We survived.)

this thread is like women - a mystery :smiley: :wink:

Aaah. Now I begin to understand.

A bit like answering “So what made you buy that bike”?

my wife really hates mine. can,t see why

Why are those kind of comments fragile? Should we stroke them before making them?

Stace you’re a slipper wearing, pipe-smoking, Honda rider… don’t be ashamed that you’re as good as over the hill if not already rolling in your bath chair down the other side… be proud of it… Stand up and fight for the Silver Generation, for cheap tea, and free bus rides. Own those state pensions and zip up tartan high heeled slippers. Fight for the right for every geriatric Honda owner to drink Horlicks, whinge about the yoof and say things like… “In ma day…”

:slight_smile:

Oi!! I proudly ride a Honda. Now… darn kids… get off mah lawn! :smiley:

Fair play to Chopper667, that’s a nice old bike, love your goggles too! :wink:

in my day:D people respected HONDA :hehe:

+1

ESP to life would be a bore if you agreed with everything your partner said… i say heated discussion always ends up having great sex!!:w00t::D:P

Does it? Can’t remember that far back.

Now what was this thread about?

Julie loves mine, washes it and wants me to replace the front bay with French windows so she can look at it from the bed when I keep her awake snoring. I refused thinking the jealous German Shepherd bitch might chew the tyres as we fitfully slept. Am I being paranoid and over sensitive?

Is Julie the ideal woman? Should I replace the windows and poison the bitch. (Nina not Julie:D)

Would a nocturnal oil leak jeopardise our enviable relationship?

Your thoughts and comments could help me resolve my potentially life changing dilemma.

Just carry on being random. Seems to have served you well so far.

Do you think it will work for another 32 years? Really? :w00t:

Once they’ve got you mate (not the biker girls on here natch! :wink: ) they generally try to cut your balls off. Don’t fall for it. Bike for me every time. :slight_smile: :wink: .

It’s not so much emasculation, as the little bits I find amusing/irritating.

Mrs.O has spent the last 30 something years trying to get me to wear a suit to work, stop drinking beer, stop sitting up late at night and reading and so on. She seems to have given up of late.

I think it’s someting their Mums teach them. You marry this hard drinking, left wing, couldn’t give a sh*t, scruffy bugger and try to mould them into a clone of their dad.

What? A senior police officer. I’ll pass on all of that.

Strangely, part from the street moto thing, she’s been o.k. with the bikes.

:stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Seems a bit harsh, after all she looks like a lovely lady your missus! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

My kind of humour! Like it!

Have you got your permission to come to France yet?:w00t: